Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About three months ago before I discovered this site or even started thinking about survival, I sold a really nice Marmot Swallow backpacking tent and three Mountain Hardwear mummy bags!! UGH!

I wish I had them now for my BOB!!

Just wanted to vent and give you all an opportunity to tell me how dumb I am. :thumb:

·
PPG flyer
2,789 Posts
Yes very dumb,for not selling them to me!

Reactions: z man

·
Registered
250 Posts
At least you didn't sell your guns! Those are the worst mistakes I have ever made as far as selling things go. Trading my old reliable rusted 4Runner for a Mazda truck to work out of was another big mistake.

·
Your move Sparky...
7,782 Posts
When silver hit 33 I sold most of my position and paid off a huge pile of debt. Do I miss the debt? Nope.

Do I miss not holding out and selling at 49? You bet. Could have paid off a chunk of my house with that.

We all make mistakes, the smart ones only do it once.

·
Banned
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im not without tents thankfully, but I AM without a top quality tent with a full rain fly, but oh well.

Sleeping bags wont be so hard to replace, found one in a quick seaqrch of eBay for less than I sold the other three.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah, everybody makes mistakes, but learn from it and move on. I would suggest investing into US military gear. Yeah, military gear IS more expensive, but in the long run it will last longer. If you can, I would buy the gear brand new, if possible.

SUGGESTED ITEMS TO BUY:
Sleeping Bag
Wool Hat
Wool Gloves
Wool Blankets
Googles(prevevt snowblindness)
US Military Tent

1 - 15 of 15 Posts