Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Krazy Kitty
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
............I wonder if there's any truth to it.

BREAKING NEWS!!

Just got a call from a private source, but 99% credible.

Eight days ago (news was held up while source was in the field), the National Guard Armory in Pocatello, Idaho was seized by the U.S. regular Army and stripped of all weaponry. Everything from long range cannon to small arms.

These guys are the 148th Field Artillery Battalion They stripped it of all weaponry and ammo.
The CO asked “Why?” and was told “There’s gonna be a party this winter and you’re not invited!”

He was led to believe that this was a national happening, not just that armory.

I’ve called 5 other NG bases, but (for some odd reason) have received NO answer.

Any of you that have the ability (or strings) get on the phone and see if there’s verification from any of your sources.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
............I wonder if there's any truth to it.

BREAKING NEWS!!

Eight days ago (news was held up while source was in the field), the National Guard Armory in Pocatello, Idaho was seized by the U.S. regular Army and stripped of all weaponry. Everything from long range cannon to small arms.

These guys are the 148th Field Artillery Battalion They stripped it of all weaponry and ammo.
The CO asked “Why?” and was told “There’s gonna be a party this winter and you’re not invited!”

I’ve called 5 other NG bases, but (for some odd reason) have received NO answer.

Any of you that have the ability (or strings) get on the phone and see if there’s verification from any of your sources.
Was this an email or from a website ? Post a link?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It was a comment from a poster on this story.
http://www.infowars.com/?p=5260
I looked for news on this and I can't find anything. There are a lot of idiots that post in the comments to get people upset and to try and discredit the site. The poster is probably playing off the NORTHCOM's use of troops to patrol our streets. But given the events of the past month, I can see a grain of truth in it, but just a grain.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have to agree with brother buck on this one because my BS detector is going off on this.

Let me try to summarize the biggest question I have about these kind of reports to explain why. Let's assume for a minute that the original post is 100% accurate and that something such as Martial Law is going to be declared in the US. Who would be the people to impose and implement this? It would have to be members of the US military. I assume and hope that they are not just mindless automatons who just do whatever they are told. Wouldn't they question detaining US citizens or whatever else would happen in a Martial Law situation?

I realize that they have to follow orders, but I would hope that enough of them would question it or alert others if ordered to do anything against US citizens on US soil.

·
Krazy Kitty
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I highly doubt something like that would get in the mainstream news. I HOPE it's not true.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
ok one more time...this is from ONE person! Posting a comment to a story on ONE website. By continuing to react to this your giving it life. It was the mindless ramblings of an idiot. His name is Line in the sand. He posts things like this to other threads just to get a rise out of people. Its not real!

Here's the comment:
Line in the sand Says:
October 13th, 2008 at 11:30 am

BREAKING NEWS!!

[ Edited Sat Oct 11 2008, 06:02PM ]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just a thought, regarding the reluctance of american troops to enforce martial law. In the present, we assume that most troops would not conduct any action against the civilian population. Now fast forward to a hungry family and the reliability of a food source at the local base. Why do you think North Korea is able to gain such enrollment in their military? Because it guarantees food, shelter and safety. Mindsets shift when you add hunger to the equation.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Didn't the Clintons convert ALL National Guard units to service and support types from combat types such as armor, infantry, and artillery?

I stand corrected.

The Battalion's primary weapon system is the M109A5 Howitzer. This weapon is a fully tracked, medium self-propelled, 155MM Howitzer which weighs approximately 55,000 lbs and is capable of firing with unparalleled accuracy to a maximum range of 23 km.

The 1-148th is located throughout Eastern Idaho with units in Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Salmon Idaho.

So can anyone find out if their M109's were removed?

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
with as many people as there are in the NG, we'd hear a lot more than just one post. My guess is that a precursor to a big move against the people would be the formal annexation of ANG assets.

The wings in the CONUS are allready chopped to Northcom for air defense or as training squadrons. You might start seeing a lot of airframes gobbled up by active units, not that theres anything individual states can do when through a constant state of emergency- the National Guard are always nationalized.

Our people aren't stupid, but Perceptions Management and misinformation at even the brass level will make sure that our military sees us as bad guys. You may see a few smaller units go AWOL when given orders to start confiscating weapons or door to door people searches. by and large, (and through careful lowering of standards), the real grunts will more than likely comply with unconstitutional or unethical orders.

We- as always, are on our own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts