Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a bunch of starving little kids gnawing on the stock of their daddy's assault rifle.

I'm guessing there are several on here that have very little food put back because they've used all their money on guns and weapons.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
a bunch of starving little kids gnawing on the stock of their daddy's assault rifle.

I'm guessing there are several on here that have very little food put back because they've used all their money on guns and weapons.
I respectfully disagree with your comment. I would say that it is actually the opposite. While new members are joining everyday and may be new food prep awareness and indicate they are working to 'catch up' on this, most of the members seem to have a good head on their shoulders that food and water are very important. I, myself, am a fairly new member. I have learned SO MUCH in a short amount of time from the good folks on this site, especially on food, water, gardening, sustainable living, etc.

Thank you. long term members, for sharing all of your great advice! :)

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
I am sure there are people out there like that, and I am sure there have been 1 or 2 come by this site at one time or another. BUT I do believe for the most part, the people here are NOT in that group. Most of the "I will use my guns to take YOUR stuff" types don't usually stay around here long.

Reactions: Irishwarlord

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who is Homer Simpson. Does he put out good advice. I guess that is why I am so ignorant and deceived- I don't watch television and I sure don't watch movies. Someone told me onetime that they are make believe.

·
Destroyer of Marxism.
875 Posts

That would be me. I have way more guns than I could carry, and only 4 boxes of MRE's. Mainly because I can trade them for more food, or arm my several friends who have no such provisions. However, when I move to my retreat in 18 months, the garden, goats, and chicken flock will be a high priority.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
Fergit tha boots --- i need waders now --- ta git ta tha boat

Reactions: Mittelmorder

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts

Why shootmor ol' buddy, that'd be me too, as well, also. Sold the kids ta git mo' guns. Gotta Mac10 fer lil Hettie an' a flamethrower fer young Jeb. Yeeeeehaaa! :D: Good deal. :thumb:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Isn't that why we have kids? Walking protein? I thought that was why all those women who couldn't afford them were popping out so many of them. Heck, the government will even help you fatten 'em up.:rolleyes:

Someone needed a hug last night and all he found was the computer.

blt

·
Registered
106 Posts
I grew up on a farm, and if SHTF I plan on moving back to that farm. Where I have chickens, goats, and cattle. And a garden, that produces more food than my family can eat every year. I think its silly to stock up on more than a months worth of food. Why would I waste my money on more than that, when I have a completely sustainable hideout? lf you don't have access to a farm of some sort, its still silly to stock up on more than a couple months worth of food. You should be stocking up on seed, and whatnot. That way you are truly sustainable....And, if you are as "stocked up" as you claim to be, you may want to invest in an assault rifle, to defend whats yours. There are some very unscrupulous people in the world.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Not gonna argue either way, but the upcoming gun bans have been pushed into the front of everyones minds recently, so it isnt to surprising if people are spending the money now to stock up on what they can for weapons and ammo as they are the items which people feel are to be in short demand the soonest.

(and yes I realize there are food shortages happening as well, however it certainly is not getting the attention weapons are.)

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
"Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler."
W. C. Fields

Yea I know: Who is W.C.Fields

·
Registered
66 Posts
A simple response would be to compare the amount of looting/theft suffered by unprotected stores in the wake of Katrina versus those Korean stores where the owners mounted an armed resistance during the LA riots. Both of them had stuff that people wanted, and were prepared to steal and/or take by otherwise forcible means. Those that weren't protected (New Orleans) got picked clean, those that were prepared to protect themselves and their property (Los Angeles) kept their stuff.

Do you see how that works?

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
How much of this scenario where people all of a sudden wind up with chickens pigs and goats and are left alone to raise them is just fantasy?

·
Hunter/Farmer
1,950 Posts
Note to self:
Pick up a couple of SKS's for the little un's to knaw on.
Cosmoline soaked wood is prolly more nutritious and delicious.:D:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts