Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I am sorry l try not to rant on here but wtf.
why are people still trying to get ridiculous scare prices on there. When I can go to almost any online retailer and get the gun tgey are offering for hundreds less. I understand that they were stupid and paid 2k for a wasr10 or a saiga but stop being greedy and bite the bullet and sell for the current price thats business. If I bought silver high I don't go around trying to sell it for 60 an ounce when spot is 20. Dont try to trick people by putting rare in a the title of your polish tantal then charge 800 for it. It makes me so mad.

·
Currently surviving SHTF
2,485 Posts
Same with 22lr! These guys post up at wallyworld at 5am....buy loads of 22lr at normal prices (leaving none behind for anyone else) and sell it at $60-$80 a brick. Was at a wallymart a day ago. guy said they got in 80 bricks at 5:30am. There was a line waiting... guys got on the cellphone, buddies show up= all gone in 1 hour. This is a load of BS. I haven't seen 22lr or mag for a year. No wonder why.

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
I have a gunshop near me like that.....ridiculas prices. I'm all for making a profit but it comes a time when the prices get insulting. And sure it's their shop and they can price things the way they want to but don't act like everyone is window shopping and wasting their time when no one buys their over priced crap. This place I'm talking about is more of a hobby type business gun shop......they have other jobs that they pay their bills with.

Same with gunbroker.....some people have seemingly lost their freakin mind.

·
Terribly Unprepared
338 Posts
The laws of supply/demand will continue to operate regardless of what we WANT to happen...The biggest threat to the demand at this point is another nut case going on a shooting spree giving momentum to the anti-gunners and their ban happy proclivities...If people can just remain sane and deal with their mental issues a different way, likely demand will wane and supplies will increase and prices will drop again...Those idiots hoarding all the 22LR ammo does **** me off though:mad:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Just like the gun shows….everyone trying to retire on one sale. I still like to go and look to handle and hold stuff but rarely find any "bargains". Sometimes I find stuff I've been seeking for a long time and will consider paying a little more to take it home.
Re the .22 hoarding…it will eventually stop, just be patient and focus on something else for a while. I have been wanting a really good pellet gun in .22 caliber for a long time and have used this .22 LR mania as a good excuse to get one. It will serve much the same purpose as the .22 LR anyway… Besides I've been pretty well set up with .22LR for years now ;)

·
Vae Victis
795 Posts
Just like the gun shows….everyone trying to retire on one sale. I still like to go and look to handle and hold stuff but rarely find any "bargains". Sometimes I find stuff I've been seeking for a long time and will consider paying a little more to take it home.
Re the .22 hoarding…it will eventually stop, just be patient and focus on something else for a while. I have been wanting a really good pellet gun in .22 caliber for a long time and have used this .22 LR mania as a good excuse to get one. It will serve much the same purpose as the .22 LR anyway… Besides I've been pretty well set up with .22LR for years now ;)
...and this is why I no longer waste a day at a gun shows. Mark up the prices all you want, but don't get insulted if I try to haggle you down from your 100% markup to something more reasonable. Hell, I don't mind paying an extra 5,10,15% on stuff to keep the money local, but you're looking at the wrong huckleberry if you think I won't blanch when you're selling a used gun for the price of a new one.

·
Tactical Sommelier
1,081 Posts
I hate price gougers more than most, and think it's not only wrong it's stupid, harmful to the industry and therefore to thine own self in the end, and think it's absolutely self-defeating in the end.

HOWEVER, I think that the problem is , We have met the enemy, and it's ourselves, BECAUSE, The only reason people can charge exorbitant amounts of money for basic firearms, a king's ransom for premium or super-nice firearms, and ammo out the waazoo to Kublai Khan and Xanadu ... is BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE PAYING IT.

It's like drug wars... Until THE PEOPLE are changed, the stuff is going to sell. There would be no drug war if people didn't want to consume aka use the sheaaaait outta the stuff. If people want to perpetually continue spending their big and ridiculous bucks on guns and ammo not worth near their prices, what is to be done except attempt to educate the public into it.

The best way I can think to say it is, unfortunately, "Hate the game, not the player."

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
They won't sell at that price. There are always people asking more than what things are worth. If they want to sell they need to reach fair market value. They have every right to ask what they want but when there is a listing right beside it for much less their item isn't going to sell.

·
Banned
266 Posts
I hate price gougers more than most, and think it's not only wrong it's stupid, harmful to the industry and therefore to thine own self in the end, and think it's absolutely self-defeating in the end.

HOWEVER, I think that the problem is , We have met the enemy, and it's ourselves, BECAUSE, The only reason people can charge exorbitant amounts of money for basic firearms, a king's ransom for premium or super-nice firearms, and ammo out the waazoo to Kublai Khan and Xanadu ... is BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE PAYING IT.

It's like drug wars... Until THE PEOPLE are changed, the stuff is going to sell. There would be no drug war if people didn't want to consume aka use the sheaaaait outta the stuff. If people want to perpetually continue spending their big and ridiculous bucks on guns and ammo not worth near their prices, what is to be done except attempt to educate the public into it.

The best way I can think to say it is, unfortunately, "Hate the game, not the player."
And to think when the SHTF, gun owners (as in law abiding ones who post on forums, and visit their LGS) will be too busy shooting at each other instead of criminalized/gang people they bought the guns to shoot at.

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
Okay I am sorry l try not to rant on here but wtf.
why are people still trying to get ridiculous scare prices on there. When I can go to almost any online retailer and get the gun tgey are offering for hundreds less. I understand that they were stupid and paid 2k for a wasr10 or a saiga but stop being greedy and bite the bullet and sell for the current price thats business. If I bought silver high I don't go around trying to sell it for 60 an ounce when spot is 20. Dont try to trick people by putting rare in a the title of your polish tantal then charge 800 for it. It makes me so mad.
They have no situational awareness. Somebodies sisters brother made a lot of money doing this a year ago. Now that they find the stuff showing up at Wallyworld, they think they can do the same now.

. . . . and these people can vote.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.