Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have become very strong in the past year being by myself because my husband is in the navy. Right now he is gone for 2 months. Go figure! Then in January he leaves for 6 to 8 months. I have a dog (husky/shephard lab) cat and a rat. I think its a sin to own a small dog. Wallie definately keeps me sane or insane depending on the day while Rob is gone. I also work part time. But with the hours I have been pulling should be full time. I dont have kids yet though. I dont plan on having any until I am around 25. Plus with the way things are headed I dont need a toddler to worry about while I am trying to hide. My question is this. Does my husband stay in or get out in 2 years while he still can? Are we safer cuz he is in the military. Or will the government kill there own?
Being a military wife has taught me a lot. I dont have a license so I walk and take the bus whereever I go. This gives my dog and I great exercise. I havent weighed myself lately but I can see that I am getting smaller. I am also trying to eat as organic as possible and buy everything locally. Even if I have to pay more. Are there anyother military wives on here?

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
its not uncommon for the military to experamint on their own. do you remember the nuclear test where they had troops ordered to go in. they didnt have a choice.but they will need every1 they can get so i dont think they will out right kill any1 ATM but they may send troops into a very bad spot. its common for them to send a fleet near an enemy coast to harass them and hope they fire on the ships. iran comes to mind. gulf of tonkin http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq120-1.htm

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm not a military wife, but I have two brothers in the military, and one is currently in Iraq. Military wives should be applauded, especially if they have young kids at home to deal with while their husbands are away for weeks and months at a time.:thumb: I support our troops, and that includes their families as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mom of a son in Iraq....2nd time around. Thanks to all that sacrifice for our country.
Light21, all in all, be prepared, but don't let the media control your thoughts.

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
My darlin' man is in the military, about to go to Iraq...dammit. He is close to retirement and is one of the most hard core *survival nuts* you'd ever want to meet. He is out of the military in 2010.

·
bad grammar deal with it
452 Posts
im in the military currently in iraq................again lol. personally i would like to applaud military wives at least the ones that do right by their marriage. to your question i think to an extent you are protected because we cant just be fired. we also get foods and goods a bit cheaper than most since there is no tax on post. i would wait another year before you make any decisions as to whether he should get out alot can happen in a year no need to jump the gun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ex army/marine '83-'91

I've been seeing alot of youtube.com footage about the New World Order and the coming North American Union. I'm just concerned about all this. I was perpelexed as to why the RNC chose a ditzy Governor from Alaska (Palin)as a running mate to a 76 year old probable cancer patient(McCain)..then it hit me..they (Rockefellers etc) want Obama to win and be our savior from Bush's move to make us into a Police State. Then, I am hearing Obama talk about how he's gonna help the entire world with food shortages etc....eventually (bam!) one world government.

So, I am thinking I should gather some resources and formulate an exit plan before I get micro chipped with this new technology.

If I had the assets I would move to Panama.

I feel for our military families, and I don't know what they should do about all this.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thankyou to those of you who are also serving. Recon I completely agree and that is why I am so scared. My husband is gone all the time. I want to say I can do this on my own. But to have to hide with my dog in the woods and never hear from him would be to much vise versa with him. We wouldnt be able to call, email, or write because it would be to dangerous. He wouldnt know I was alive and he wouldnt know that I am alive. I am praying so hard that americans are smart enough to pick Mccain. My coworker told me she is voting for Obama because Mccain has a turkey neck and he is old. Nice huh? I am 22 my generation is so full of superficial, video gaming, idiots. I want to reincarnate myself temprarily to be an Eagle or some other big bird. That way I am not affected by this. I guess God has a plan for Rob and I and the rest of us. He did say in the Bible that not even a sparrow is unrecognized by him and we are more important then sparrows. Is it still okay to be scared? Does it mean my faith is weak if I am?

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Thanks for YOUR service . Your sacrifice is as much as your hubby and a fact forgotten by 90% of this country . The life of a military wife is not an easy one . Be true to your hubby , your country and yourself .

The tuff time you go through now will make you stronger and better than alot of others out there . Look at it as a learning time .

Good luck and thanks to your hubby and yourself for your service to the freedom loving Americans .

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
I was born into the military and I became a military wife. Husband retired from the Army a few years ago, but got to missing the military way of life and is now working as an independent contractor in Kuwait. We've been married for 22 years now (which is soon to change, but that's another story). We also have a boy who is now in the military himself. I spend a lot of time as a single parent to our little girl.

The sheer weight of responsibility that I have to carry every day can be tremendous. It's soul-crushing at times, and I often wonder if I have what it takes to see another day. But then another day comes and when I put both feet on the floor I find that I do have the strength to carry on.

Like you, I don't drive so getting what I have to get done can be a real challenge. I walk everywhere or I take the bus. You would think that I would be a skinny stick by now, but one of the ways I handle stress is to eat. Not good. But now that I'm aware of it, I'll handle that challenge like I handle all of the others. One at a time.

Having friends and a good support base makes all of the difference. When I buried my father 10 weeks ago, I leaned on them and they helped me through it. I now have to bury my husband's grandfather who died this week. My husband is coming home today for the funeral, but he will be going right back out again afterward. The support my friends have given me is invaluable. They are there when he can't/won't be.

Furthermore the support I have received from the people on this board has been immensely comforting. I may not have met any of them in real life, but I count each and every one of them as my friend. I hope that nothing happens in their lives that would necessitate me returning the favor, but if it ever does, I will be more than glad to have their backs.

The jist of all is that military wives need support. Whether their spouses are at home or away, we're all sisters. Welcome to the military and welcome to Survivalistboards!

Claudia

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Big shoutout to Light21 from another Navy widow! No hubby's not deceased....but that's how Navy wives are known, because of deployments.

My hubby's got 15 years in the service. He's a Chief.

The two months that he's gone, right now prior to actual deployment is called a work up. Kind of like a dry run.

Regarding your question about whether he should get out in two years or not depends I would think upon what the economy looks like at that point. My hubby is encouraging his guys who are due to reenlist to stay in for as long as possible...simply for the fact that it's a guaranteed paycheck. I know that some folks here might disagree with that logic.....but you have to ask yourself what his long term employment prospects are. Re-enlistment bonuses are nice for getting all those prep items.

Pm me if you ever need to talk.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I've been seeing alot of youtube.com footage about the New World Order and the coming North American Union. I'm just concerned about all this. I was perpelexed as to why the RNC chose a ditzy Governor from Alaska (Palin)as a running mate to a 76 year old probable cancer patient(McCain)..then it hit me..they (Rockefellers etc) want Obama to win and be our savior from Bush's move to make us into a Police State. Then, I am hearing Obama talk about how he's gonna help the entire world with food shortages etc....eventually (bam!) one world government.

So, I am thinking I should gather some resources and formulate an exit plan before I get micro chipped with this new technology.

If I had the assets I would move to Panama.

I feel for our military families, and I don't know what they should do about all this.
He chose Palin because right now we have a Democratic senate.....the Republican's can't afford to lose any members.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am praying so hard that americans are smart enough to pick Mccain.

I guess God has a plan for Rob and I and the rest of us. He did say in the Bible that not even a sparrow is unrecognized by him and we are more important then sparrows. Is it still okay to be scared? Does it mean my faith is weak if I am?
Sweetie, sounds to me like you're facing your fears honestly, and that's ok. Just remember, God is ultimately in control. Take care of your part and He'll take care of His.;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for YOUR service . Your sacrifice is as much as your hubby and a fact forgotten by 90% of this country . The life of a military wife is not an easy one . Be true to your hubby , your country and yourself .

The tuff time you go through now will make you stronger and better than alot of others out there . Look at it as a learning time .

Good luck and thanks to your hubby and yourself for your service to the freedom loving Americans .
You are welcome. I am very true to him and I dont understand how so many wives cant be true to there husbands and vice versa. What ship is your husband on Bella? Mine is on the Stennis. I try to remember that God will do his part but its so hard to stay strong and have faith all the time. I know the evil rarely wins and this stuff that is happening isnt all bad. The evil needs to be cleaned out and before it does its going to get bad. Its like a virus. Towards the end right before its gone you feel the worst. I walk home frmo work every night and while I do its when I feel at peace with God. I stand in the middle of a dead street and look up at the stars. I feel so at peace with God and with everything. I just dont know why more people cant feel that. If htey felt it less evil would occur.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts