Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On over night trips I carry a hygiene bag in my pack. I wear contacts, so inside the hygiene bag is my contact case, contact solution, tooth brush, tooth paste along with a couple of other things. The bag is one of my wifes old make-up bags, but at least its black.

Years ago I realized that hygiene bags with a metal zipper will rust up. So I only use ones with a plastic zipper. Plus, this prevents the rust from getting on the contents of the bag.

The hygiene bag I take on my camping / hiking trips is the same exact one I use to keep my contact case and lube next to the sink at home. I just throw a tooth brush in the bag, zip it up and its ready to go.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I've got a Cabelas bathroom kit that I carry in my pack. In it, I have soap, a wash cloth, tooth brush, tooth paste, mouth wash, deodorant, Q-tips, and fingernail clipper. I also take it with if I go on a trip somewhere.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
I travel a lot for business and pleasure, and also use one of my wife's old make up carriers.
It unfolds, into 3 sections, and has a strap w/hook, so you can leave it open and hung up, if you want.
It has gotten to the point, where, I just keep a duplicate of everything in the bag at all times.
So now, I just stick it in my bag or pack and go.
Always ended up forgetting something and had to go buy it anyway.
I also keep mini kits, in all my BOB's.

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
Even when hiking in areas where water is a premium just brushing your teeth can make you feel clean. The other thing is to maybe take care of the feet a wash and foot powder and you are ready to go. The rest of the old body can stay dirty for a while if need be.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I carry a hygiene bag too, in my pack, and I put a whole list of really important items in it, and I can still pack all my other pack items for miles. Some of the most important items in my oppinion are stormproof matches, the kind with and inch of strike tip on them, a wind proof/water proof lighter, and a leatherman wave to begin with. I also make sure my pack and my girlfriends pack have chapstick, a mirror which can also be used for signaling, small rolls of TP, and deoderant, the travel size sticks. I also use soap, but not the stuff that is high consentrated, because I don't like to polute beautiful areas. I have toothbrushes in our packs that break down and the handle of the brush becomes a cap to keep your brush clean and I always pack a masquito repelant called"Marithon". This stuff is awesome, you can tell it works because when you put it on about one minute later you can taste it in your mouth, from being absorbed through your skin. Mole skin for blisters also has helped me out, on long hiking trips. I would say that hygiene is one of the most important things when your out in the wilderness for moral!

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
I also carry a hygiene bag. A lot of bacteria collects in the mouth overnight when the human salival glands shut down. So its a must to kill off mornign breath as thats the evidence of bacteria. I don't wear contacts like Kev but I make sure I bring a lot of "lube" anyway. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts