·
Forum Administrator
16,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current Location:

Latitude 21.1° N
Longitude 77.9° W
Movement W at 14 mph

Expected to make landfall around the Houston / Galveston, Texas area.

Reactions: joes

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
you all are in my prayers. I'll understand if you aren't here for a few days. Please keep us updated!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
here we go again.....
This will be an interesting time...
will the powers that be call for an evac......or wait and get people killed?
( Could be that "people" need to take responsibilty for them-selves. )
How many have the money to evac again so soon?
My plans are the same, stay ( up to a point, i'm not that dumb)

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
my uncle steve just flew in to Ellington Field today with his Disaster Management Team. gonna find out more if i can get him to call back. havent heard anything from Blackwater yet so i'm preparing again, refilling water, gas, checking preps and expendables. I have a crappy digital camera and a disposable. if we get something i'll document my side of it.

I have 17 gallons of water, 22 if I fill up the milk jugs I have. probably another 15-20 if I fill the tub. Got 2 Brita pitchers with extra filters. I havent started on the food, but I have enough for at least a month and a half if I stretch things out. as far as a Katrina type situation, I think I'll be okay- and FEMA is'nt sitting on their own red tape this time.

Reactions: rncmomx2 and joes

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
a bit north of ya but ifn she picks up to a 3 well fer sure lose power. have 40g water and fillin a 55g drum w gas, genny in tha shed and gas lanterns in tha closet.

hope it stays in tha cooler pre stirred water before it hits us, cause w 4 days to build.

buckle up

Reactions: joes and Dwind

·
A friend of the Site
1,966 Posts
You all stay safe.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Luck to all of you in the path.
As for me.... still no electricity from Gustav but at least the water is going down.
Stay safe.
get ready for round two fella.

No word from my uncle yet, I think they have him put up at the holiday inn off NASA Rd 1, I may try to see him tomorrow if I can. I'm not sure what kind of equipment they have, but he ran his own ambulance company while being a senior fireman for the city of Groton Connecticut AND pulling nights dispatching AND occasionally consulting for the NTSB, before putting most of that up to start his own Paramedic school and the occasional stint for FEMA. I swear this man is a MACHINE. If anyone can run an emergency situation, he can.

He did link me to a website y'all might be interested in:
http://www.wunderground.com/

·
Registered
4 Posts
If Ike looks like its going to make a direct hit on the texas coast how soon do you think will start shutting down schools and businesses?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Good luck to all of ya

·
Ready for the big "push"
1,473 Posts
here we go again.....
This will be an interesting time...
will the powers that be call for an evac......or wait and get people killed?
( Could be that "people" need to take responsibilty for them-selves. )
How many have the money to evac again so soon?
My plans are the same, stay ( up to a point, i'm not that dumb)
The state usually updates the sitrep daily as the hurricane gets closer. Here's a link to a downloadable PDF report.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/dem/sitrepindex.htm

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
They're already moving the computer models back up the coast. This is starting to look like a "Rita" tract. The Southern jet stream is building into New Mexico, and moving East. I think its going to turn the storm more to the North than projected. On the Satellite loop, it's tracking North of the official tract already. Mid gulf coast people need to watch this close this afternoon and tonight.

·
Forum Administrator
16,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like the storm track has moved towards Galveston. From what I heard, on wednesday, the impact point has moved 50 miles east.

1 - 20 of 229 Posts