1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Paleoconservative
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Listen to the ghosts
6,160 Posts
Well, if you want to look at it this far out, the spaghetti models show it likely to hit the state line between Florida and Alabama. I would imagine if it gets there it will be a sizeable hurricane. Interestingly, we have a Xmas vacation/family reunion booked for Pensacola. Just booked it 2 days ago. Go figure.

But all that is a ways off. Bears watching, but I won't even be concerned for another 3-4 days.

·
Listen to the ghosts
6,160 Posts
This guy is good with the hurricanes and tropical storms. Scroll down a wee bit and he has the spaghetti models reproduced. Note how much they changed since just this morning. Now they show it heading over Cuba and then to the tip of Florida.

·
Paleoconservative
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, if you want to look at it this far out, the spaghetti models show it likely to hit the state line between Florida and Alabama. I would imagine if it gets there it will be a sizeable hurricane. Interestingly, we have a Xmas vacation/family reunion booked for Pensacola. Just booked it 2 days ago. Go figure.

But all that is a ways off. Bears watching, but I won't even be concerned for another 3-4 days.
Yeah. That'll go over with the panhandle people in Pensacola and Mexico Beach like a turd in the punch bowl. They are still picking themselves up from Hurricane Michael which was Cat 5 briefly right before landfall.

Tonights forecast says likely to be major hurricane by Tues. Just have to wait and see.

·
Listen to the ghosts
6,160 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,653 Posts
I have no idea how to read that map.
The one linked shows ocean currents. As you know, while hurricanes spin in the atmosphere, they also cause the ocean surface to spin. Anywhere on that map you see a compact spinning of the ocean currents you'll find the related bad guy, whether a tropical depression or full blown hurricane.

·
Listen to the ghosts
6,160 Posts
The one linked shows ocean currents. As you know, while hurricanes spin in the atmosphere, they also cause the ocean surface to spin. Anywhere on that map you see a compact spinning of the ocean currents you'll find the related bad guy, whether a tropical depression or full blown hurricane.
What does it tell me about the future? Also, some of the lines are on land masses.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Here’s another site for you weather geeks. 🤓

It aggregates a lot of different sources so a convenient one stop.

Latest “best guesses”:
Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Line Font

Ecoregion Slope World Organism Map

Ecoregion Map World Slope Line

Ecoregion Map World Line Atlas

HK-I must have been typing as u where posting…..u beat me to referencing mikes page. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
The longer it stays south the further west it will go. If it stays south long enough it will miss the trough like the GFS is showing.

So far all the models for the past few days have had the track further north than each subsequent update. I see that as trending further west before turning north.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
I'm a few blocks from the gulf in SWFL,Naples.All over the news this morning.Too early to tell,but bears watching.
Weatherman has it tough..get accused of crying wolf or sensationalism if misses,not doing enough if it hits.
Anyways,good time to review my preps,there is always last minute stuff to "top off".

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Here in Central Florida....will be topping off the gas tanks today.....buying some extra propane and test running the generators........otherwise good to go for the storm if it happens.

Maybe I'll put a lawnchair near the water aisle at Walmart (while eating popcorn) to watch the UCF matches with people panic buying not realizing they can simply open up the sink tap and store water for a few days.

HK

1 - 20 of 39 Posts