Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 25.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post the SHTF what will be your main source of protein? Will you hunt for it, fish for it, raise it or otherwise appropriate it? Mix beans and rice?

·
yep that's me
573 Posts
hunt, fish and raise it. I live in a rural area and hunting and fishing are a way of life, there are woods and a creek less than 100 yards from my door, I also raise cattle and my kids raise sheep and we have chickens, we are getting rabbits and goats soon too

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hunt, fish and raise it. I live in a rural area and hunting and fishing are a way of life, there are woods and a creek less than 100 yards from my door, I also raise cattle and my kids raise sheep and we have chickens, we are getting rabbits and goats soon too
So no beans and rice for 400 days for you....

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
same for me here tuffnutt. i be hunting raising rabbit, goat, cow, chicken and mud bugs.
maybe post SHTF i'll find someone that has pigs as of right now thats something i'm not raising and would want to i love bacon

·
yep that's me
573 Posts
same for me here tuffnutt. i be hunting raising rabbit, goat, cow, chicken and mud bugs.
maybe post SHTF i'll find someone that has pigs as of right now thats something i'm not raising and would want to i love bacon
we used to raise hogs when I lived back home with the folks, was nice to always have a freezer full of sausage, bacon, and porkchops

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think it will be a mixture. I'm close to several ponds and a river so fish will probably play a large part. we also have a lot of squirrels and deer on my property.When there's no fish or game available we'll probably eat a lot of beans. My father grew up during the depression and said they would of went hungry a lot of times if not for beans and cornbread.

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
Same here. I keep 2 hogs fattening for butcher, 1 milk cow, 8 chickens and 4 rabbits (new addition) we have plenty of wild game around and live 1/4 mile from a river. I also keep beans and rice handy. We're pretty much ready for a shtf scenerio. This isn't all but its all I'm posting.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I'll Raise some,hunt,Trap and fish for the rest.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i live a stones throw from a pretty big reservoir so fish are plentiful, deer are also everywhere here, there are about 6-8 that hang out in my front yard. I know they wont last long with everyone shooting them but the population here is huge, hunting limit is 2 antlered, 10 nonantlered, compared to places like maine where the limit is pretty much 1 deer per season

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
other as in most of above.

land has game, pond and nearby lake fer fish, have garden,
diversifying your sources will be the best assurance of constant availability.

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
Probably all of above for me. Depends on the situation. I have lots of protein stored up so I may be doing a combination.

-Cade

1 - 12 of 12 Posts