Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
^^^^^^ Beat me to it. But no. Not a 1911.

Inspired by one, sure. Not too bad of a looking pistol.

But calling that a 1911 has John M. Browning rolling in his grave.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Inspired by one, sure. Not too bad of a looking pistol.

But calling that a 1911 has John M. Browning rolling in his grave.

So you're saying that "IF" John M. Browning were "still" alive after all these years he wouldn't have tried to expand on his 1911? Which is what the Hudson H-9 is trying to do, i say we'll never truly know what John M.Browning would have done or even thought about the H-9.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
It might be a great firearm and you might get a lot of enjoyment out of owning it.

But logistically, it can't compete with Glocks, SIG's, Berettas, or even actual 1911's. It has no police or combat record to evaluate its performance on. It doesn't fit my needs as a survival / prepping firearm.

·
Awesome
17,894 Posts
the problem i have with that pistol, the recoil spring doesnt need that massive brick under the barrel to house it, no striker fired pistol does.. they could have offered a 1911 like trigger that interracts with a single-action sear for a striker slide and the slide itself could have more or less been constructed like a glock, reshaed a bit to resemble a 1911

·
Registered
60 Posts
So you're saying that "IF" John M. Browning were "still" alive after all these years he wouldn't have tried to expand on his 1911?

Uh, NO. I said nothing of the sort. :confused:.

i say we'll never truly know what John M. Browning would have done or even thought about the H-9.
Can't argue with that. Man's dead. I was just commenting on the fact that this pistol, that has you so hot and bothered, is not true to the original design from the genius that was Mr. Browning

As far as the obvious personnel attack on my comment, what gives? I think the consensus is this is not a 1911.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
So you're saying that "IF" John M. Browning were "still" alive after all these years he wouldn't have tried to expand on his 1911? Which is what the Hudson H-9 is trying to do, i say we'll never truly know what John M.Browning would have done or even thought about the H-9.
Let's see.. A successful classical design over a hundred years old, mostly as it was designed.. Nope, I think he'd leave it alone..

·
Awesome
17,894 Posts
besides, the glock for the most part works on the principal browning designed in the 1911 of the tilt-unlocking short-recoil operation.. so, a glock pretty much is a modern browning

nothing is new in guns though, every feature of every handgun youre going to see is going to be based off 100 year old stuff

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[/COLOR]

Can't argue with that. Man's dead. I was just commenting on the fact that this pistol, that has you so hot and bothered, is not true to the original design from the genius that was Mr. Browning

As far as the obvious personnel attack on my comment, what gives? I think the consensus is this is not a 1911.

I'm not hot & bothered over any weapon lol. :rofl:

You took that as a personal attack on your comment, w0w! :wow :headshake:

I mean IF you were to ask Gaston Glock himself, he would tell you his company invented perfection. Yet they do minor upgrades to "Perfection" on just about every generation. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Let's see.. A successful classical design over a hundred years old, mostly as it was designed.. Nope, I think he'd leave it alone..
Possibly, now granted I'm new to the 1911 game. For those of you that own & have a lot of time behind a 1911, whats the one thing you would change about the hand gun?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts