Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband who has never really helped me in prepping is finally joining in. Two weeks ago he actually came out to BJ's with me! Yesterday he bought me a new metal shelving unit to store canned goods on. He has even started offering suggestions... such as "please Honey, enough with the beans and get more canned foods and canned meats"! That's right... he said to stop buying the cheap beans but to buy SPAM! :D:

Here is a picture of my new shelf unit all nicely organized. I had so much fun yesterday filling it up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
You've complained (perhaps complain is the wrong word, but I think you know what I mean?) about this since you first joined this site.

I'm glad you're both singing from the same hymn sheet (so to speak).

YB
:)

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Enough nagging gets the job done! ;) J-k!

Good he's onboard! Ya need two people dedicated to it, more chance of survival. :)

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Congrats...nice food rack by the way!

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
Not to knit-pick anything but the cans stacked two high on the top shelf look kinda dangerous. Having a can fall on your head from only a few inches is still pretty painful.

Other than that nice setup.

-Cade

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to knit-pick anything but the cans stacked two high on the top shelf look kinda dangerous. Having a can fall on your head from only a few inches is still pretty painful.

Other than that nice setup.

-Cade
Good thing we are not in an earthquake prone area. Also it is a part of the basement where the kids are not allowed and it's not in a high traffic area anyway. That said I will go and stand to the side and give the rack a little shake to see how stable it is. When I was stacking everything it seemed very stable and didn't wobble in the slightest but will double check that.

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah and I almost forgot... I told him I wanted to buy a shotgun and a high powered rifle and he said "good idea"!!!! Wow, do I love him!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
My 81 year old mother called tonight, and said she wants a shotgun. And a bunch of ammo. Go figure.
LOL This made me think of Ruth Gordon's part in the Movie "Every which way, but loose" when she played the little old grandmother that was deadly with the shotgun. :)

Congrats on getting your husband in the picture...I know this was a big relief for you.

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Hey lady...
I would let you buy shotgunS and RifleS if you want to come my way!!!!:thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts