Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Be Prepared
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;)For some strange reason a few years ago, my husband decided that our little box freezer was wasting too much electricity bc we weren't keeping it full all of the time. I was putting frozen water in it to take up the extra space, but I didn't always have the grocery money to keep it full of food. We unplugged the freezer and crammed everything into the refrigerator freezer. I have been asking him if we can start using it again and he never gave me an answer, so I said well then it is taking up space we need to get rid of it. He said ok let's sell it. Then the tornado ripped through our community(Tuscaloosa)and we were busy helping out with the recovery efforts, and working in the distribution centers. I knew of a need for another freezer to keep ice at one of the centers, so one day when he came home I had it pulled out into the middle of the floor. He said we can sell it but dont lend it or donate it. (He really is a giver at heart, we have given cars away, it was just something weird about this freezer-lol). Nevertheless I put it up for sale and no one bought it. In the last few weeks he has started talking about prepping:thumb:. Yesterday my girlfriend called me and said she wanted to buy my freezer. I told her I wasn't sure if it was still for sale, I asked him and he said no! :D: She said darn I shoulda bought it 2 weeks ago! Now he said we were going to plug it back in and put extra money into the food budget to fill up the freezer for winter!

I know this was a long drawn out story but this freezer has annoyed me for a few years, taking up space but mad that I couldnt use it and having to constantly move things around to fit in the fridge freezer. Plus he is getting on board! So have a happy dance with me!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Thanks for sharing this experience.

My husband is getting on board as well -- big changes in his attitude from even just a few months ago.

Have fun with it! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts