Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5087/text

Please read this and let everyone know about it.

I pray this doesn't pass if so then we're all outlaws.

Also who is going to be brave enough to knock on my door and ask for my guns?

Rolling up my sleeves and getting ready.

Thanks and keep your powder dry! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
This is very distressing news, and potentially an emotional trigger. I advise anyone who reads this against recording something on this forum or any other saying what you intend to do.
We get passionate about certain subjects and this is one, but process with caution

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,398 Posts
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5087/text

Please read this and let everyone know about it.

I pray this doesn't pass if so then we're all outlaws.

Also who is going to be brave enough to knock on my door and ask for my guns?

Rolling up my sleeves and getting ready.

Thanks and keep your powder dry! :thumb:
I often ask anti-gun people to read the litany of guns banned by name in the statutory definitions of these bills. Each firearm listed by name means that there was enough demand for a company to develop that gun, create the machining, and manufacture enough if them to pay all of the setup costs and the variable costs of labor and overhead, and still make a profit. When there are that many guns listed, that means the market is HUGE.

This means that they are selling a LOT of them. Millions per year, in fact. There are only 330,000,000 people in this country, legally and illegally. There are almost twice as many guns as people. That means that even if every single one of the 1.1 millions law enforcement agents complied with orders to confiscated they would be up against 100 times that many people who they've been ordered to disarm.

That's a recipe for disaster, and that's the reason for the Second Amendment.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My first thought was how we as Americans are being stabbed in the back and it's still a nagging thought. This will not stop concerning me.

Just trying to be the optimist though.

Should this pass and be signed into law. There will be numerous challenges to it all the way up to the supreme court.. The same court that is now more conservative than liberal. The same court that up to now has almost universally refused to hear 2A cases, at least concerning state level laws.

At this point there will be untold numbers of federal laws being challenged. I just don't know if they will be able to keep it pushed back down to lower courts.

What truly concerns me is that I am not confident that this is planned to force the scotus to hear and rule on it. Which means that instead of a plan to force them to hear a constitutional case, it's a planned attack on 2A.

I'm truly hoping this is just to force a ruling. I don't know that it would be in favor of 2A, but I think it would. At least to me, it's a pretty cut and dried amendment, and has had at least one ruling in favor of it. Most of the nibbling that has been done to it over the years has been done at the state level and at the federal level has not been heard. If it is heard at the federal level, and wins, it would effectively make many of the state level rulings unconstitutional and open them up to appeals that would remove some of the state level laws banning ownership in those jurisdictions.

If ever there were a time to contact your state and federal reps, that time is now. If this goes south on us, it will be in our children's lifetime before it can be reversed and they wont know any more about it that what we teach them. Mean while the schools will be telling them how much better life is, as will television, media, and all of Hollywood.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I remember when sandy cook happened there was all the same talk and the same worries. I stressed like crazy over what i would do if they came for guns. Nothing really happened. Ill sit back and watch this play out before i worry too this time around.

·
Nunquam Non Paratus
1,526 Posts
It is ironic to me that the US Constitution was written to restrain the federal government, and yet most of the enemies of the Constitution are today at the state level. Or at least the ones which have been able to make inroads towards eroding the 2nd Amendment and our God-given rights. We look to the federal courts to back up the very document meant to restrain the federal government. :eek:

·
Happy to be here!
4,922 Posts
I read it and it looks like you keep what you already have. There is no one coming to take your guns or magazines. They just don't make any more and you can't transfer what you have, even to your own children. Not good, but again, no one coming to take your guns if it did pass. Unlikely.

·
Come and Take Them!
2,958 Posts
It is time to take up the battle cry of the Left: Resist-Resist-Resist!!!

Doubt if the law will pass, but the fact it is on the table is perplexing, to say the least. We had an election that decided we did not want this kind of BS, we shall see if President Trump keeps his word.

My heart goes out to the victims and families of these tragedies. But I have committed no crime, and do not deserve punishment for the transgressions of others.

·
Banned
6,384 Posts
It is time to take up the battle cry of the Left: Resist-Resist-Resist!!!

Doubt if the law will pass, but the fact it is on the table is perplexing, to say the least. We had an election that decided we did not want this kind of BS, we shall see if President Trump keeps his word.

My heart goes out to the victims and families of these tragedies. But I have committed no crime, and do not deserve punishment for the transgressions of others.
Well said

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I read it and it looks like you keep what you already have. There is no one coming to take your guns or magazines. They just don't make any more and you can't transfer what you have, even to your own children. Not good, but again, no one coming to take your guns if it did pass. Unlikely.
That's what they said about the first assault weapons ban.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts