Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here from TN, been into survivalism and bushcraft for about 5 years. Last year, I accomplished a long time dream and thru hiked the 2,181 mile Appalachian Trail. It took 5 months, and was mostly great, although there were bad days. Pack weight was 26 lbs with 2l water and 5 days food.

My name means minimalist survivalist, I believe more in knowledge and skills, than in gear. Not bashing equipment, everyone needs supplies, but too often I hear in the survivalist community, "If you don't have this $200+ custom knife, you are gonna die", or something along those lines. Basic preps are good enough, and I have beaten the crap out of my Mora, and it has held up well. Sometimes good enough is good enough.

I live in middle TN, and still hike and camp a lot. Currently about to start working at a printer factory to pay off some student loan debt. The economy is garbage here, it took me 4 months to find this job, actively looking. Once I get this paid off and money saved up, I want to spend several years on various trails, including the PCT and CDT.

Here to learn and teach mainly. I believe everyone has something to offer.

·
Professional Lurker
4,105 Posts
Welcome from Oregon.

Click here​
to see Oregon's group page.​

Reactions: SSGNasty
1 - 7 of 7 Posts