Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well hello to all you piney-fresh folks. Im Alex, 21, from Iowa. Been an outdoorsman all my life (benifit of being a country boy). In these days of craziness, uncertainty, and unnessicary violence and crime, Ive found it a must to know how to survive a disaster, be it natural or man made, on a solo level. My interest is the reason behind joining this forum, as I deeply enjoy talking about the subject, learning all I can about it, and whenever possible teaching others. On occasion I even teach a basic survival course. And chances are, If Im not in the woods, Im at the firing range. People have called me a "gun nut", paranoid, conspiracy nut, crazy... basicly anything youd find in a thesauraus under, "survivalist" if it was written by a democrat. (appologies if that offends anyone) Personally though, I take comfort in the knowlege that if there was ever a total breakdown of society, Id be living well as those ignorant city-folk drop like flies... they called me paranoid, the laughed when I built my fallout shelter, they threw stuff at me when I got the mail naked... but who's laughing now! Muahahahehe heh **cough, gag, sputter, weeze**

I guess this is hi :)

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
greetings from SE Georgia!

Reactions: SSGNasty

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
Take this in the most manly way possible. I like you.
Welcome from Tennessee. You will fit right in around here. Lots of us survival "nuts".

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Gee. Try having a family to do things for and staying current. Throw into that typing a message only to have it deleted because you're not logged on. Well, if that's the only problem in the world, we'd all be lucky.

Welcome, Rebel Squirrel. Glad to have you join us. Personally, I think those people were rude to throw things at you! Laugh - yes, join in - whatever floats your boat, turn away and give you privacy - that'd be my choice but throw things - how mean. Shame on them. Ain't they ever heard of doin' something just for the fun of it!

Now. While I say that, if I ever run up on you at a gathering, please have your clothes on!

·
Banned
27,826 Posts
First off have to say that I love your nick name (Rebel_Squirrel). Don't fret about being called crazy since you are very much not alone.

<Age 8 made my first bow and arrows, peoples response your crazy
<age 9 made my first axe, peoples response your crazy
<age 12 had my first gun, peoples response your crazy
<age 16 gun collection pasted 200 guns, peoples response your crazy
<Age 17 most neighbors and friends all asked me for advice about guns, peoples response your crazy.
<Age 19 started selling gun books and manuals in CA, peoples response your crazy.
<Age 32 started put to getter a survival retreat, peoples response your crazy.
<Age 33 survival retreat up and running, peoples response your crazy and nuts. http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=25077

But as someone who has been a goverment contractor (Computer Sys. Eng.)for a while, I know it is good to be prepaired for almost anything, becuase all it takes is some butt head to put in one command into a computer in the right place to throw a whole city into a panic.

I rather be prepaired for disaster if it happens then fighting for some batteries or food with a mob.

If and when ever it happens I will be sitting at the reteat having a cold one, watching TV running off the generater or solar and saying we did warn you to be prepaired.

Welcome to the boards much to learn or help others learn.

Take care,
Wes

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, thank you all for the love. Usually, I've found, new members on forums are shunned. I think Im gonna like it here... ** cracks a beer and props feet on the table **

·
Registered
7 Posts
You funny, but boy if I were rich I'd make an underground bunker. I love it when the Prepper shows were on Cable last year, they may be running them again, but I'd like to see more on them. I do watch what I can when I can to learn more. Not quite a city person, don't love camping, but do love the country and lifestyle.

Hunterbean

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree, I hate the madness of crowds who panic at the holiday sales let alone dire straights when there is a run on food, water and supplies! No thank you! I want to be part of the solution not part of the problem.

Hunterbella

·
The Hammer & Anvil
3,559 Posts
First off, welcome to the board. We seriously hope you enjoy your visits!

We would like to take this opportunity to introduce the team of moderators assigned to this forum:

Forum Founder & Super Admin- Kev
Forum Admin - Tabi
Forum Moderators - eeyore, Gunner65, Jerry D Young, jfountain2, kokosmom2, Mels thinkingitover, MikeK, MTShawn, OldWarrior64, Pawpaw120
Forum Staff - Ammo, Ben, Grevlin, hawk55732, jodier7, kev82abn, Ohioman, Rem

Please read and follow the Rules and Policies set forth by the administrators of this site. For any forum related questions, problems or other maintenance tasks, the best way to notify one of the moderators is through the use of the Report Post system. Alternatively, please feel free to contact any one of us via PM with any issues or questions regarding the forum. Links to each of the moderator's profiles are available in this post and at the top of all of our assigned forums.

We are all here to help our fellow members and to help continue discussion on the many topics offered here in. This is a survivalist/prepper community made up of many different minded people, so we encourage you to work together, help one another and learn together. As a community, we also have guidelines on conduct and general expectations of behavior on the forums. When posting, please treat other members with courtesy and respect. No personal attacks of any kind are allowed and participating in arguments is highly discouraged. If you find a questionable post in a thread you have visited, report it to the moderators and avoid the temptation to police it yourself. Getting involved in the bickering or piling onto a fight only adds to the problems.

Finally, if you have problems, comments, or complaints regarding a moderating decision, send a PM to the moderator, or post in our Grievence & Security section at the bottom of the forum.. There's an appeal process for any decision and the first step is to inform the moderator of your views in a private setting. Hashing these types of issues out on the public forum is counterproductive and will be seen in a negative light.

If you have any questions please take a moment to consult our Forum FAQ.

Forum FAQ

Also please take a minute to re-read our rules of the road for survivalistboards.com ; We take them seriously and by registering an account you have agreed to follow these rules:

Forum Rules Of The Road

We can only grow together and as a community we need your help. Please if you have any suggestions or comments stop by our Comments & Suggestions section:

Comments & Suggestions

If you need a forum boot camp Stop by this thread:

Forum Boot Camp

Enjoy your stay!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts