Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Looking forward to picking lots of brains here for information on how to best get by if the STHF. I'm hoping it doesn't, but you should always be prepared as best you can, at least that's what I like to think. A lot of people seem to think I'm a little crazy for being into this type of stuff so much but I keep telling them that we'll see who'll be laughing if it comes down to it.

Anyway, I'm really into firearms, the outdoors in general, technology, world and local affairs and just knowing things. I like to expand my bank of "usless" knowledge as much as possible.

I'm currently on a very small budget and I'm looking to get supplies and what not around in case things go south, so any helpful tips would be great. I'm gonna go scour the boards for info.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome aboard. HOpe it is good for you and your loved ones. Always start with the basics. Make your list of what you need and what you want. Look and see what you have already. For food store what you eat. It makes no sense to store stuff you would never let pass your lips. Don't panic. Prepare your plans and get started. It is like when my daughter went back to college. You have to take the first course. SHe is now half way through her BA.

Buy canned food that will last you a few days. Buy bulk rice, beans. Be sure the rice is white. Brown rice does not store well. Too bad since I like brown rice.

In building your BOK remember to buy good stuff. China made knives are a good example. They are cheap and for a reason. They break on first use sometimes. Make friends on the forum. These folks are your friends. We all may need each other some day.

Look for bargains. keep your list with you so you can check off items as you build up your inventory. Find as much written material as you can on the web and in book stores. Read it now. Share with others what you know. Share bargains you find and where they can get them.

God Bless and hope this is a good place for you. YOU are not crazy. The more informed you are the more you realize that the world is a crazy place. take care. Larry

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips. Very much appreciated. I'm just now starting to get some stuff around, but I'll start with my list soon. Thanks again.

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm aware. My mother made it abundantly clear when I moved here. Scary stuff. The small earthquake we had earlier in the year was the first one I had ever been in. It was pretty creepy. Even for a small one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
welcome to the board. i'm in south city. i think you will find this site to be very helpful. make sure to check out the videos and the survival files. those alone will provide you with a headful of knowledge. :thumb:

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Great to have you aboard. Thanks a lot for joining. Take it easy.

·
USMC Veteran 84 - 01
2,163 Posts
Welcome from N Georgia! I lived in Sedalia, MO for about 2 years. Loved the hunting and fishing but didn't like the tornados!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts