Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I found this place while shopping for my first shotgun a while back. Vids on Youtube and the such.

This whole lifestyle is new to me. I realized one day that I was a boy scout through and through. I've always been the type that has a knife, a pair of pliers, a flashlight, etc, on my person every day. I think I picked this up growing up in Wyoming where you can get very isolated, very fast. That sense of self reliance I picked up growing up there sort of left me as I moved to the city. I stopped carrying my multi tool, stopped carrying a light, etc.

Now, something clicked. I'm moving out of the city and onto a small piece of land just outside Portland in an effort to get back to my roots. My job is in Portland, but my heart is in the woods. Time to get back to what I know.

As I was perusing a site for some basic handgun safety courses I noticed one course in outdoor survival. I immediately became much more interested in that course than the handgun course. So, here I am.

This place looks like a strong and healthy community. Glad to be a part of it!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
We used to live in Portland- now in Texas. Welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the site! I'm currently residing in Kansas City but I have spent a few years in Wyoming a while back so I know what you mean about the isolation there. You can drive for miles and miles without seeing any sign of civilization. Beautiful state, no doubt about it, just hard to make a living there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome to the boards... lots of good folk here.. I'm sure you'll find the time spent here worthwhile..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts