Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, all.

Everything about this is new to me. My brother and I have been talking about the global atmosphere- in terms of politics, economy and so on- and we've been talking about surviving different WTSHTF scenarios.

I'm a recent college grad with little to no financial power so building up a survivalist base is pretty intimidating in my head. Though I might be late "coming to the table," my goal is to move from contemplation and into *action.* I recently purchased a Bushmaster AR15 as a first step in that direction and I look forward to reading posts and interacting with my fellow members.

I have befriended a lot of people in Austin and central Texas who believe that signs are pointing to [putting it lightly] tough times ahead so it is very comforting to see a website with an online community like this. The biggest influence for me joining this forum has been the sharing of information from people who thought I was ill informed about things going on around me. I feel that extending that conduit of information to other people will be an additional task of mine next to my own preparedness. This website will not only be an effective tool for me but others around me as well.

I hope to the powers-that-be that we will never have to say "I told you so" to friends and family. But it's better to have it and not need it, right?

-Technicstable

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome from Dallas to our community. My middle child just graduated from UT. Austin is a great place. It tends to lean a bit to the left but it is still a great place. Glad you found the forum. Make your plans now. that is a very hard thing to do sometimes but it is necessary. Make your plan first. I have seen a lot of people jump into Survivlism and get discouraged by their friends and family and the fact they felt they were getting no where. Make your plan so you know where you want to go. Set up what you need in priority order. Decide what you can spend and move on your plan.

Find people on this site and locally that you can count on to help you. DOn't let rumors run your life. Seek the truth and stay the course. FInd the good people and they will help you through the times to come.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Welcome aboard.You'll find what you need here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey from Amarillo! I love Austin and I can think of about 10 places I would like to go eat at in your area right now. I found it interesting to read how your post-graduation (educated) discussions about the global atmosphere led you to gather more info about potential tough times ahead. I, also, think that there might be some tough times in our future. Knowledge is power and you cant go wrong collecting more knowledge...or power! Congrats on your new purchase :thumb:by the way.

lima-charlie
UTDallas '02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts