Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Roughly 90% of my assets are physical goods thanks to my business and my hobbies so my wealth should rise at a similar rate as the inflation.

I also am growing food. Orchard, garden, chickens and next spring sheep.

Wood stove to heat the house by itself if needed.

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
I own a service business. I plan to raise my prices to match the inflation. . I expect that it would hurt business , but much of my overhead ( commercial lease , contract for services at a set rate etc ) is fixed for periods of 1-3 years so that should offset that to some degree.

i have VERY little in “cash “ my assets are real estate ,commodities , securities , etc as well as my small business. So it would be hard for me to take much of a hit. I do have some business debt and a mortgage so technically i am “ shorting the dollar “ and would profit to some degree. I am also about to finance a commercial vehicle at a low interest rate.

·
Homesteader
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I own a service business. I plan to raise my prices to match the inflation. . I expect that it would hurt business , but much of my overhead ( commercial lease , contract for services at a set rate etc ) is fixed for periods of 1-3 years so that should offset that to some degree.

i have VERY little in “cash “ my assets are real estate ,commodities , securities , etc as well as my small business. So it would be hard for me to take much of a hit. I do have some business debt and a mortgage so technically i am “ shorting the dollar “ and would profit to some degree. I am also about to finance a commercial vehicle at a low interest rate.
Venezuela crisis worsened by severe cash shortage - YouTube

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do you have a plan for surviving hyperinflation?
Living Through Hyperinflation - YouTube
Thanks, Gulcher. I could survive a few years (which is about all I have left) on my preps and natural resources around me. However, your thread has reminded me of the need for an alternative source for heat and cooking. I have had my eye on a small wood burning stove with two cooking eyes. I am going to immediately buy it.to store away. It would be easy to install it in a large nook in my kitchen. I have a covered deck to move it to in summer. I am surrounded by woods providing ample small trees that even I can manage to harvest with my disabilities. I would expect the propane which I now use to become unaffordable for me.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Thanks, Gulcher. I could survive a few years (which is about all I have left) on my preps and natural resources around me. However, your thread has reminded me of the need for an alternative source for heat and cooking. I have had my eye on a small wood burning stove with two cooking eyes. I am going to immediately buy it.to store away. It would be easy to install it in a large nook in my kitchen. I have a covered deck to move it to in summer. I am surrounded by woods providing ample small trees that even I can manage to harvest with my disabilities. I would expect the propane which I now use to become unaffordable for me.
You need stove pipe and a flue also if you haven't already. And, a saw to saw up those dead , dry branches

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Why do Americans and other ...
Why do you not remember previous threads you already started on the same topics?

I already answered your questions.

For everyone else... If/when the collapse happens, it will be intentional. Lessons learned from "similar" events not teach us much. Our situation will be different. Don't lock your mind into expectations

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
The way I teach friends about prepping is to buy a few extra of the things you use now in your pantry. For this I'd say spend the money on quality goods now that will last like Carhartt or extra clothing that you use now when you see it on sale. Instead of having one pair of sneakers, buy a few if you see them cheap.

Buy quality tools while you can so you can fix things that break or build what you need. I'd also buy board games, DVDs, and books for entertainment so you can unplug. Just some ideas.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If hyperinflation happens (big if) then it will be different than any other instance in history.

It would be incredibly violent here because of our hundreds of millions of guns - - or not if they all get taken away first.
It would be different because it would be world-wide instead of only one country. Every country is dependent on US Dollars. If the Dollar collapses then the world collapses.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
or not if they all get taken away first.
As mentioned, it's just my opinion that random collapse of the Federal Reserve Note is very unlikely, but I think hiwall makes a good point. And... having the guns taken away seems like a good red flag for impending financial INTENTIONAL collapse. Unless TPTB want us to have a violent collapse. Point being, I suspect that taking guns way means financial collapse is a days or weeks following a disarmament.

granted, TPTB could have an intentional collapse and they want it violent.

I still don't think a collapse/hyperinflation, is possible without it being intentional.

QUESTION: What do y'all think it means if TPTB have an intentional collapse? What would you guess is the agenda?

A: one agenda I can think of is TPTB collecting wealthy, formally. In a complete collapse where Mortgage Backed Securities collapse and The Fed acquires the over $1T in actual mortgages that back the MBS. They might want to hold the actual mortgages. I'm not sure why TPTB would want that land and buildings.

So what is y'all's guess on WHY an intentional collapse might happen? What would be TPTB's goals?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts