Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
FlyLeaf Rocks!!
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I recently picked up this book at Wal-Mart, and I thought it would be a great contribution if I told you guys about it. It's called "How to Think Like a Survivor" by Tom Watson. It's pretty much a guide about being prepared and how to respond to various emergencies while in the wilderness, without adequate supplies, or otherwise at a technological disadvantage.

The writer was a guide/outfitter in Alaska for twelve years and was on the SAR team on Kodiak Island for five years, so I think he knows his stuff. It's a great book for preparedness in the wild, and is definately worth picking up.

The great thing about the book, is that the first chapter or two incorporates the psychological aspect of wilderness emergencies, how to react to them, how to control your emotions, how not to panic, etc. and I think that our way of thinking will ultimately either save us or doom us.

Thanks for reading this post, and I hope you pick the book up.

·
Wanderer
15 Posts
I picked it up last year and its one of my favorates. Not alot of hard survival info but them again thats not the aim of the book. Proper mindset and a bit of preparations just incase are.

pat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts