Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say that you have $150 to spend on survival gear, or survival supplies, what would you buy?

Here is the situation, my wife and I are making a special trip to Beaumont, Texas sometime soon. While we are in town, I thought about stocking up on some supplies.

A couple of weeks ago I got 40 pounds of rice, plus what I already have rice should be covered. Beans should be covered, oatmeal,,,, general stuff like that should be ok.

I thought about ordering some powered milk and powered eggs.

Some of the stuff my my current list are 100 rounds of 223, 100 rounds of 7.62x39, couple of boxes of 308, couple of bricks of 22 long rifle.

For the sake of debate, if someone handed you $150, what would you do with it?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Personally Id buy a juicer right now, im concerned with my diet and need lots of more prep items but if im not healthy then theres no reason to prep for anything.

Besides that, you cant go wrong with ammo or food.

·
that's like, your opinion
17,825 Posts
depends on how long you gonna be beaumont... do you plan on brining them back home, is stuff cheaper in beaumont for you???

costco... dehydrated potatos, tuna fish, peanut butter, spam, saltines, powdered milk or eggs, water...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Don't forget some coffee (unless you're stocked up, natch.) Otherwise, I second MattB's list. I'm afraid meat is going to become very dear.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
depends on how long you gonna be beaumont... do you plan on brining them back home, is stuff cheaper in beaumont for you???
I live about 100 miles from nowhere. Getting to shop at a store besides wal-mart is big deal for me

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need a scope for my rifle, maybe I could pick up scope in the $100 price range.

Something I need to check is if the wal-mart in Beaumont is carrying #10 cans

·
Registered
11,440 Posts
Local gunstore had a Heritage arms 22LR/22Mag combo revolver Blued with a 6inch barrel for 129.00

If you dont have a small game handgun this would work and comes in under the 150$ tag

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
How are you on manual tools, like a grinder for wheat/meat/corn, etc?
How are you on seeds, or animals? 100 miles from nowhere sounds like a great place to homestead.
Is your water storage/collection up to snuff? Need any parts?
How about a still? Not just for drinking.

I nickel and dime the small stuff, so when a big sum comes along like $150, I look to see which of the big items I can knock off. But if you're good, powdered milk, eggs and ammo sounds like a plan. You may want those more than a scope, honestly, down the road. I put peep sights on with fiber inserts and called it good, for $50.

·
Jihaadi GoBOOM
5,365 Posts
List all the garage sales around Beaumont from craigslist Friday, go early Saturday, and turn your $150 into $1500 by paying a dime on the dollar. If ya don't spend it all by 1pm, hit a store on the way out. Works for me. And always ask for stuff like ammo, you never know when all of deceased grandpa's stuff is her basement waiting for you...

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Lets say that you have $150 to spend on survival gear, or survival supplies, what would you buy?
Some of the stuff my my current list are 100 rounds of 223, 100 rounds of 7.62x39, couple of boxes of 308, couple of bricks of 22 long rifle.

For the sake of debate, if someone handed you $150, what would you do with it?
How about a reloader and reloading equipment?

Don't know if you already have that or not. But I would like to do that instead of purchasing boxes here and there like I do now.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
$150.00? Let me grab my list... However most of this stuff is online and not in any store.
(best stuff usually is)

Texsport Stainless Steel Mess Kit $14.01 free shipping, At Amazon.
Despite dumb dumbs that keep screaming they have lead, they don't. The cup is trash though. They can keep their bpa.

Next would be a Ka-bar sheeth. My Leather one is garbage. $16.00 after shipping

Hammock Bliss Tree Straps 17.95 free shipping.

Mechanix wear Mpact Gloves (freaking awesome gloves) $24.99 picked up from Northern tool. You can find them at Autozone on sale everyonce in a while for about 20.00 but that's rare. They are worth it.

Casio SGW100B-3 Men's Watch Sold at walmart for $50.00 or online for 41 (free ship) at Amazon. These are not the G Shock watches however. It does have a themometer, and a duel sensor compass.

Or just get the G shock, but that would pretty much eat up the rest of your money.

Personally I would rather have the cheaper watch and a 700 Lumins Flash light. With Strobe light, just to name a few.

ITP Light A6 Polestar 700 Lumen Cree MC-E LED Flashlight Black This light IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

75.90 with free shipping.

Best light you will ever own man.

·
Registered
33,406 Posts
IIRC, your in good shape water-wise, Berkey etc but I didn't know about your pool shock

-Salt
-Sugar
-Bullion cubes
-Wheat
-Grain Grider ($120 decent one)
-Solar battery charger
-Another bean variety
-Spices for your rice and dry goods
-Medical kit
-Solar shower
-Pasta varities for your buckets (Sams a great place for bulk)
-Tire repair supplies
-LP gas
-Rain barrel
-TP, paper towels
-Canning supplies/lids, jars etc
-Dutch ovens

·
Registered
22,057 Posts
+1 on quality footwear if you don't have that covered already.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts