Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
KY Fried Hiker
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How on earth would you go about sharpening those little teeth on a Leatherman saw blade? Mine is getting very dull after many camping trips and hunting seasons.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Send it in to Leatherman and they will replace it for free. They will either replace the saw or replace the entire tool depending on it's condition. They have an unconditional lifetime warranty, all you'll be out is a few bucks to ship it to Oregon.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Send it in to Leatherman and they will replace it for free. They will either replace the saw or replace the entire tool depending on it's condition. They have an unconditional lifetime warranty, all you'll be out is a few bucks to ship it to Oregon.
Agreed, instead of going nuts trying to sharpen this thing or even spending money on something to do so, just send it to leatherman. Shoot them an email or call them and see what they will do. Its probably cheaper for them to just replace the blade with a new one then try to sharpen it.

But damn you must of given that thing some work. My old SAK thats like 10 years old still has a sharp saw on it, and I remeber using it all the time on camping trips.

·
KY Fried Hiker
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed, instead of going nuts trying to sharpen this thing or even spending money on something to do so, just send it to leatherman. Shoot them an email or call them and see what they will do. Its probably cheaper for them to just replace the blade with a new one then try to sharpen it.

But damn you must of given that thing some work. My old SAK thats like 10 years old still has a sharp saw on it, and I remeber using it all the time on camping trips.
The saw blade on my Leatherman was probably the most used blade on the whole tool. I always carried it while hunting, and I hunt on the ground 95% of the time. So I was always building ground blinds, trimming branches, and cutting shooting lanes with the saw blade on my Leatherman. I have put it to good use over the years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts