Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are unimaginable amounts of quality information here. I have spent almost a month just looking through one section. What I am starting to see is the need for a complete section that is nothing but quality how to do something post.

My vision would be nothing but locked post that do not allow comments that are moved there by the Moderators after approval ( so a locked forum section anyone can read but only moderators can post to). I spent almost 4 hours yesterday looking for one simple bit of information because it was buried in the search return of unhelpful comments on other post.

Not sure if maybe a drop box of sorts were people could submit for one to be added or mods just seeing a good post that fits the criteria and copying it to the how to section would be better.

It seems that a lot of questions are posted that get the response: "Try searching". If there was a reference library of how to post that would help those time of duplicated post from happening.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good idea. A tutorial section. have you tried searching for one? :)

Seriously, it's a good idea. As long as we don't end up with someone dipping matches into wax and proclaiming "Waterproof Matches" which by the way I've never found out if it can be done correctly!

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,750 Posts
sounds kinda like this section..... http://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120

We prefer not to lock threads, we like everyone being able to add to a discussion and offer tips and tricks that might be able to help others. IF you see a bunch of non-helpful info being posted in a good thread report it by clicking the red and white triangle in the corner of the post, we will lookk into it and if need be, edit the thread or issue warnings or worse.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do-it-yourself is good for a lot! Maybe I just need a lesson on search :) Seems can't easily find information when looking. For example was looking for "What type and average amount of salts a person should store." Finally pieced together a rough idea from about 12 different threads. Seems a How to section would have a good write up on ideas like this.

Another would be "What type of portable Water Filter to look for and why" or "How to setup a home water filter system."

Yes there are A Lot of good post on this but nothing that is a clear front runner for a starting person, guess I am just thinking of those very new to prepping and looking for a way to give them a faster learning curve than having to read all 600+ pages of post in just one section :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts