Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Giblet Head
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent several minutes using the search button, but found no threads (at least in the past year) answering my particular question.

How do you pack toilet paper, or what's the best way to do it?

I'm still in the later stages of finishing my BOB/camping pack, and one of the things missing is good ol' TP. Is the best way to bring it along simply to tear out the cardboard center, flatten it, and stow it in your pack inside a Ziploc?

I'd love to find out what y'all do, and your best ideas for carrying the most toilet paper in the smallest and lightest way possible. I just can't stand the thought of being out somewhere and needing it, so I'm coming to you for help!

Thanks

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
If you want the most in the least space, yes, take out the cardboard roll and then vacuum pack it in a foodsaver type bag.

If you want to get to it before you crap you paints, put it in a gallon ziplock an keep it on top of you BOB.

If you want to go first class, staying fresh and clean, take baby wipes.

·
Always Preparing
1,158 Posts

·
Banned
491 Posts
I just wait till a TP roll is like 1/4 left or w/e, then I pack that with sanitizer in a ziploc bag, the sanitizer bottle fits inside the TP roll. Then you can still roll it off a nearby branch when out in the woods, ftw!

Baby wipes are better on the behind though, especially for multi-day trips. Same thing, just throw some in a ziploc bag, smush the air out and moisture stays in.

·
Renaissance Man
7,503 Posts
I have a cork packed in my Bob. If tshtf, it surely won't be my s.

Az

Confucius say; he who hesitates is constipated.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
I put it in those plastic containers that I've gotten from the ice-cream store. Eight rolls fits in each one; when you take a roll out, it may be a bit squished, but it doesn't preclude the intended use. I can look at the plastic buckets and multiply each by 8 and know exactly how many rolls I have at a given moment. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
It only matters that you HAVE some. Take it from an expert who's forgotten his and ended up one time using leaves. Once you experience the leaf method you'll gladly pull out your knife and cut off your drawers for a wipe. Been there......sigh......done that :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
I peel off a few lengths of about 20", fold 'em up and put 'em in a ziploc baggie. Good for several visits to the cathole, leaves you with a clean baggie, and you take however many you anticipate needing.
Works great since you can compress most of the air out and it keeps the product dry.

·
Tell the truth, coward.
15,585 Posts
I peel off a few lengths of about 20", fold 'em up and put 'em in a ziploc baggie. Good for several visits to the cathole, leaves you with a clean baggie, and you take however many you anticipate needing.
Works great since you can compress most of the air out and it keeps the product dry.
Same. Have them scattered about my person. little ziploc bags in all sorts of pockets. You don't go through as much as you expect really. One pooh a day?

·
Registered
128 Posts
T.P. always seems to be the easiest thing to forget. That's why there are a few Biffy Bags tucked into every single one of my emergency kits, my BOBs, both vehicles, and the camp trailer. I think the airlines might even start using them, so they can put revenue seats in place of those pesky lavs!

·
Giblet Head
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So nobody re-rolls theirs?

I was thinking you could do like I've done with duct tape, where you re-roll it from the center as you unroll it off the cardboard base.

But good responses, to all.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.