Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Observer
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Apologies for the load of recent questions, but!

How do you pack your bag? As in, sleeping bag, food etc, in what way?

I always seem unsure of whether I am infact doing it right?

Thanks!:confused:

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I have my spare clothing in the bottom and then the other items from bottom to top in order of possible need........... sleeping bag is attached either on top or underneath, situationally dependent...........

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
It depends on your bag. Internal frame? external frame? no frame? How much can you fit in the bag before sleeping bag and other things.

Generally though, heavy stuff up top, light stuff and extra clothing at bottom rain jacket where accessible.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Whatever you pack, don't just pack bottom to top, think back to front as well. The last thing you want is to feel the edges and corners in your back when hiking. Also, pack the stuff you'll want fast on the outside or on the top. This includes medical kit, ammo, spare socks, one meal. I leave a spare meal on the very bottom that I forget. Sleep system is usually the last thing on top in a compression sack, so even if I have to get into the main compartment, I only have to put one thing back, not a bunch of things.

And finally, most folks can/will fit more stuff in their bag than they can comfortably carry for 20 miles in the bush. I have done a lot of miles with 100+lbs on my back out of necessity, but do not plan to have to carry that much stuff in a BOB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.