Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I just discoverd an untapped resource. FOOD LOCKERS! There are two here in San Diego Kalifornia within a 20 min drive. I went there and for 20$ I got a whole cart full of food. Some of it was weird kosher stuff and ethnic stuff but so what......its food. Also I called up a couple grocery stores and told them I was doing a charity car was for the church and they gave me some 5 gallon buckets and some 2 gallon buckets. If any of you are active duty militaty such as myself you have a food locker on base!!!! I have been here 4 years and didnt know that untill a few monthes ago. I can go in every day and get free milk eggs and bread. Once amonth I can get 4 bags of assorted groceries. So Even if you are not military, google "food banks in your town" and head down there. The money you save can be used to buy more beans bullets an bandaids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::D:

Its a little extreme but my father even said you could eat at a soup kitchen once a week to save money, "I think Ill make my own soup"!!

·
Destroyer of Marxism.
875 Posts
Isn't that for poor people? I suppose if they aren't using the resource it's one thing, but I'd hate to walk out with the last gallon of milk and carton of eggs and see some needy people turned away. Good idea though, get whatever you can as cheap as possible, save the money for ammo. It's getting expensive!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Pete,

I have seen more of that "food for the poor people" go to waste than I can shake a stick at. In my personal observations, a good chunk of those "poor" people lack the skills to prepare their own food. They seek the pre-packaged, foil-wrapped microwaveable foods that they can heat and eat. Quite often, the "free" food they get is thrown out and never used. I have a sneaking suspicion that the very same lack of life skills is what holds them back into the "poor" category.

·
Destroyer of Marxism.
875 Posts
Pete,

I have seen more of that "food for the poor people" go to waste than I can shake a stick at. In my personal observations, a good chunck of those "poor" people lack the skills to prepare their own food. They seek the pre-packaged, foil-wrapped microwaveable foods that they can heat and eat. Quite often, the "free" food they get is thrown out and never used. I have a sneaking suspicion that the very same lack of life skills is what holds them back into the "poor" category.

Tell me about it. I've seen plenty of "poor" people at McDonalds, and I've been told dope dealers take food stamps 2-1. I had to use a food pantry once, and it is remarkable how much stuff they'll give you.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have to agree with the other posters. Too many 'so called' poor people want a hand out but on their own terms....pre-made, pre-packaged foods that all they have to do is heat up. If they had to cook it from scratch themselves, they don't want it.
On the other hand, I feel that you should only approach a food bank if you truly need it--not because you think you can get free food. If you can afford to buy it yourself, you should. I have never used a food bank but know others that do. In our locale, one must produce information to show that you really need it--not just walk in and get what is there.

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
When my father had a stroke at the age of 53, it took us a few months for everything to settle back down, and we were forced to draw upon the charity of food banks to make end meet. My mother took on a job, and went to school at nights to get her real estate license, allowing us to return to the standard of living we had before. The food banks are a valuable safety net for people in transition, and at the moment, I feel I am doing well enough to leave the food there for the families that truly need it.

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
Screw the poor people.
It's going mostly to welfare mothers and dopers.
All our amigos get the bags--so lets cut in line why not?

They're the ones that will be ripping down our doors for cans of spam, right?!
Don't laugh--this is a survival forum.

This is a great idea.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Screw the poor people.
It's going mostly to welfare mothers and dopers.
All our amigos get the bags--so lets cut in line why not?

They're the ones that will be ripping down our doors for cans of spam, right?!
Don't laugh--this is a survival forum.

This is a great idea.
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go get em:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::cool::cool::cool:

·
Chillin' Like A Villain
101 Posts
I have mixed emotions about the thread. I personally have seen a couple walk out of the local food pantry with two large boxes of groceries and get into a newer Cadillac. I hoped they were picking it up for a less fortunate family but who knows. If the food was going to needy families then yeah, don't take from it unless you really need to. If it is being abused (and I know it is here) then do what you want.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you really need the assistance, by all means go ahead and shop at the food banks, that's what they are there for. However, IMO it is wrong to use the food banks to stockpile preps if you have the means to prep without them.

I am in a situation where I don't need assistance and would feel guilty for taking from a resource that was intended for the less fortunate.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Loosers....go pay for your own damm food. When i donate, I want it to actually go to someone in need, not some schister trying to scam to system.
Problem is, there are more people scamming the system today than there are legitimate users, the whole welfare system and most other charities are corrupt as hell and getting worse by the day. The scammers took over and spoiled a good thing.

My days of donating to charity are over. I take care of friends and family directly now, no more donations to charities that pay six figure salaries to their top execs. Screw them, I'd hand a guy a sanwich and a cup of coffe or a coke before I'd send a dime to any organization.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You should be ashamed of yourself. In this day and age, when working folks can't even afford to feed their families, you're taking a cut so that you can placate your survivalist hobby? You are absolute scum. Welfare mothers and dopers? I bet you've never volunteered at your local soup kitchen. Try regular families, regular working people who are part of the 6% of the country that is currently unemployed. If you have a shred of dignity or pride for your country you'd return that food and start praying for forgiveness.

·
Registered
233 Posts
You should be ashamed of yourself. In this day and age, when working folks can't even afford to feed their families, you're taking a cut so that you can placate your survivalist hobby? You are absolute scum. Welfare mothers and dopers? I bet you've never volunteered at your local soup kitchen. Try regular families, regular working people who are part of the 6% of the country that is currently unemployed. If you have a shred of dignity or pride for your country you'd return that food and start praying for forgiveness.
"praying for forgiveness"???? That's a little extreme, don't you think? He didn't kill an innocent bystander, he bought some groceries. Big deal, he is taking the food out of the people's mouth that would kill him for his shoes. Those leeches deserve it. I say go for it!

·
Banned
25 Posts
whoa!
not me!
"cowers in corner" with flashbacks of sister rose and her ruler

1 - 20 of 70 Posts