Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's some great deals on the internet but the local gunshops are reluctant to make the FFL transfer b/c there's no real profit for them in doing so.

One dealer even implied that he wants to tag some profit on it (in addition to the FFL transfer fee) so it ends up the same as me buying it from him retail.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I live in Rockville, Maryland around the Wash DC Metro area.

·
Registered
121 Posts
just my opinion, but why not just support your local gunshop and buy from them. i am a strong believer in supporting local buisness.. gotta help the little guys.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Call around and find the least expensive ffl to do the transfer.
I pay around $35.00 to $45.00 when I buy. Most of the time I
still save money by shopping and no sales tax, but you also are paying
for shipping. Some stores just won't do it because they don't want to
bring in firearms with no mark up.....

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
Look on Gunbroker for a list of FFL's that will do a transfer in your area. They have a special section for this. I can understand gun dealers wanting to make money but I myself collect old shotguns and milsurp. The internet has opened up a wonderful world for me, I can buy guns that I would have had to travel all around the United States to find. I have not bought a "new" gun but twice in my life and I did buy those from my local gun dealer.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Hey I am new here but I might as well jump in. Hey to all first. I think you should support the local shop if the guy is not some tight ass who thinks everyone but him and the cops are criminals deal with him. You will build a good relationship just by spending your coin with him. That way if you need some tips or gun smithing you already know what kind of a guy he is. I would not come out with the fact that you may be a suvivalist. I like to keep what I do on the low low they do not need that info on you. You just like guns. I am dealing with a shop that is also very into the survival mode but I still keep it low. Stealth man.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Walk into a Paun shop (THat sells guns) and offer them $25 to do the transfer.

Tell them you will independantly pay for it, arrange shipping etc.

All they need to do is call you when it comes in, hand you the paperwork, and make the call.

-I've never been unable to find a Paunshop that would do this...

·
U-960
62 Posts
I was in pretty much the same situation. The closest gun shops to me all wanted $50 PER TRANSFER and at the time I was doing some AK builds and no way was I going to do 50 bucks per receiver. I found a small local guy (About 20 mi away, nice fellow, Desert Storm vet) who supliments his income doing transfers for 15$ each. I like Nomads idea about the pawn shops but none of the very few I can find around this area seem to be interested in doing firearm transfers.

Gunbroker has a section that will help you find someone local to help you out if you want to go that way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Typical rate for transfer and background check is a total of $35 here in FLA.

However I prefer private FTF sales over all the paperwork and registration crap.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Im all for supporting local buisness. But fact is not every gun shop local has every thing a person wants so your only other option is going on line in buying.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
I have a guy who will do it for 10 dollars.

A friend of mine bought 17 rifles at one time and all he paid was 10 dollars, for all 17 rifles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts