Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

Registered
SO me and the spouse have become what you might call "honey connoisseurs".
The one day we scored a huge batch of our favorite and were happy .... too happy I think.
And I said , is this what I've become?
Used to be all about fast cars and fast women.
Now it's all about honey and taking naps.
WTH?

Premium Member
Very
Yep I used to thrive in hard survey problems from boundary issues on govmit land to high order control networks for no such agencys at no name sites. Now it鈥檚 bee hives and picking habanero peppers and okra in the morning, fishing and grandkids.

Registered
Indeed. I was talking about this very thing with an old college friend. Back in those days, it was where's the party. Now we talk about gardening: flowers, vegetables, pollinators, and fertilizer. No more rock concerts, SCA events, or road trips to the nearest sci-fi con! Oh well. I'm surprised I lived through my misspent youth anyway. No sense pushing it! LOL

Registered
SO me and the spouse have become what you might call "honey connoisseurs".
The one day we scored a huge batch of our favorite and were happy .... too happy I think.
And I said , is this what I've become?
Used to be all about fast cars and fast women.
Now it's all about honey and taking naps.
WTH?
Honey and growing and "putting up" our own food.

However, I still haven't given up the fast cars.

Registered
Honey and growing and "putting up" our own food.

However, I still haven't given up the fast cars.
Well, God Bless You.
I don't have the time nor the cash for fast cars and certainly not for fast women anymore.
Either one would be liable to kill me.
And I don't heal so fast anymore :)

Desperta Ferro!
WE have (or, had?) the best music anywhere.
The 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's were the greatest time to be alive and experiencing amazingly talented musicians and bands.

We had American Bandstand, Soul Train, Burt Sugarman's Midnight special (hosted by Wolfman Jack, here to tell you about Clearasil), Don Kirschner's Rock Concert, Austin City Limits, Grand Ole Opry, Jackson 5 show, Osmond Brothers show, the Hudson Brothers show, Sonny & Cher, the REAL MTV, Pop Up Video / Friday Night Videos and more.

Nevermind the far better TV shows, like MASH, Frazier, Seinfeld, Home Improvement, 3rd Rock From The Sun, The Goldbergs, Wings, Rockford Files, Mission Impossible (60's & 80's versions), Star Trek, Star Trek TNG; Comedy shows such as Saturday Night Live (original cast), Fridays (with Larry David & Michael Richards, who went on to Seinfeld), In Living Color, Mad TV and more.

What do we have today?
Banal crap like Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon and Blackish, et al. ;
None of which are funny.
"Comedians" aren't very funny these days, idiots like samantha bee...she can just buzz off.

Yep, we had it better. We are the generation that INVENTED mix tapes, modern skateboards, modern BMX bicycles, better Tennis shoes (Adidas, Nikes, etc.), cell phones, the Internet, desktop & laptop computers, tablets, the mouse, GUI based operating systems, the scanner, digital photography and more.

All the accoutrements that are now callously taken for granted by the lost souls of Gen X thru Z.
We built it all, now they just bitch and complain about everything.

Our parents and / or grandparents may have been the greatest generation, which makes us lesser than that, but today's generation...the horrible, same-sounding crappy 'music', terrible tv and mundane movies (with a few exceptions, like LOTR, Gladiator, Batman Begins, etc.). This generation of kids truly IS 'the lost generation'. It's very sad.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts