·
PPG flyer
2,789 Posts
You must have really small minds.
My mind must be tiny,I have no idea.

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
Metal ones with arms coming down off the side of the cap? Pinch bottom, twist off lid, pull outward. They are crap, the threads get bunged up too easily, and I've never seen one that was actually waterproof. You might have a different kind, but if you are having a hard time opening it, I'm imagining the little tin ones, which are notoriously hard to open, due to their poor cap threads.

·
Kibitzer
6,631 Posts
Coleman has a "open" arrow showing which way to twist/screw body of matchbox.
Coghlan looks different, but has same principle?
Twist body upwards away from bottom, to expose waterproof ring, then push body to side to load or remove matches.

·
Wilderness Survivor
109 Posts
We may be dense, but ignore that and please tell us how to open the little metal match holders with the lanyard??:confused:
If the one you have is what I am thinking about, the kind that has a solid piece and looks like metal straps on the outside connecting the two end caps, then you hold one of the end caps and unscrew the center section that has the knurled grip surface on it... counter clockwise and then, just push the center to one side. The center pivots at one end. :)

546-cog-coghlans-brass-match-box.jpg

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Mine is easy to open, same way you open a medicine bottle. Because thats what I use is pill bottles from the pharmacy...

·
Kibitzer
6,631 Posts
Mine is easy to open, same way you open a medicine bottle. Because thats what I use is pill bottles from the pharmacy...
Damn, on another site I was blasted for a post that had no answer to the OP. And you do this. Simply amazing.
I didn't mention I used old 35mm film containers, old pill bottles and the GI matchsafe with twist off lid, since it didn't answer the question. :(
But, you've been thanked for over 200 times for your knowledge.
WTF do I know??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts