The Punisher
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sighting in your expensive new deer rifle

1.) Shiny new, high-powered deer rifle $1,200.00

2.) Quality, high-powered scope $550.00

3.) Bore sighting device $140.00

4.) Hospital Visit $4,893.00

5.) Forgetting to remove the bore sighting device prior to actually shooting the damned thing? Pricelessly.............stupid.

Deer - 1
Hunter - 0
GAME OVER

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Looks like he paid one hell of a stupid tax.

Those things should have a longer rod that threads on and goes to the chamber so people can't do that.

Any word on how bad he was hurt? Looks like his left eye may be messed up.

·
Fisherman
637 Posts
Thats why they make them BRIGHT RED. maybe he didn't SEE it. Looks like he dosn't have to worry about that anymore. :taped:

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A friend sent this to me in an email, so I don't know when or where this actually happened. Prime example of why you should double or triple check things, so as not to end up with a face full of shrapnel.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
This has been floating around the gun forums a while now.
First I've seen of the guy on the rack though.

If anyone actually paid 1200 bucks for a $300 Savage they kinda deserve to get beat up.

Reactions: Mad Dog

·
PPG flyer
2,789 Posts
If youre gonna be stupid,you better be tuff.
I used one to bore sight my mini 14.
Works good,just read the instructions,and follow them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
This has been floating around the gun forums a while now.
First I've seen of the guy on the rack though.

If anyone actually paid 1200 bucks for a $300 Savage they kinda deserve to get beat up.
It's been floating around since 2006 and the guy injured is from something else because there were no injuries when this happened.

Those pics were used in the MythBusters episode#75:

SPINOFF: A .30-06 rifle fired while having a boresight still in the barrel will backfire and explode, creating a cartoon-like banana peel effect as shown in submitted photographs. (From episode 43)

plausible

The Build Team’s test used a brand new rifle. The barrel split several inches when fired with a laser boresight in the barrel. The Build Team surmises that the banana-peel effect could be achieved if this were to happen in an older rifle that has endured more wear and tear from firings.
Mythbuster results LINK

Still cool pic if you remember the Elmer Fudd/Bugs Bunny cartoons.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's been floating around since 2006 and the guy injured is from something else because there were no injuries when this happened.

Those pics were used in the MythBusters episode#75:

Mythbuster results LINK

Still cool pic if you remember the Elmer Fudd/Bugs Bunny cartoons.
ahh yes simply putting two fingers in the muzzle of a side-by-side will cause either A) the gun to simply burp and slowly emit smoke or B) blow up in the wielders face in a comical sense. ahh childhood memories

1 - 9 of 9 Posts