Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to use them for demolition when I worked in it years ago.

No one gave em a thought did they? We always had an unlimited supply on the job.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I got some at Harbor Freight three days ago for $1.99 a piece. Needless to say there were none left after I saw that price. Bought all 12 they had in stock. Ridiculous what you see these going for online, assuming you can find them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
In Italy they were under 2€(2.25$) and I went to the pharmacy to pick up something else and curiously asked how much they costed and if they had in stock and they were price hiked to 13€ a piece.
The "tax police" is now giving fines to pharmacies that hiked the prices like that in the Red Zones.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
We sold the 3M n95's for 19.99$..20/unvented or 10/vented.Can't get them now for even our best coustomers.

·
Registered
277 Posts
3M: P95 - 2 packs. $8.97 per. 1ST week of February, 2020.

3M: N95 - 10 packs. $13.28 per. Last week of January, 2020.

3M: P100 filters - 4 per package (2 pairs). $14.97 per package. Last week of January, 2020.

Last acquisition of any type of mask was 02.17.2020. NOTHING available after that.

·
operatorchan.org
2,798 Posts
I think I paid $6 for 5 masks in September 2019. I had bought my house then and was doing a lot of cleaning. Didn't use one though. Maybe I can sell them for $26 on craigslist and buy a bottle of Polish vodka. Or a box of .308. Not sure which, both are fun.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
With exhalation valve (3M Cool Flow) are more that unvalved. Jan 30 (when this board was the only people in the US with a clue) box of 10x $18.90 from the local farm store.

·
Dismember
1,966 Posts
~$25/30 pack at Home Depo in mid January when I bought 150 to give away (already had P100's for me.)
This is what 3M and Moldex used to cost on Amazon. I've never seen medical grade valved masks for some of the prices given here.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I'm past the masks...

IF I have to go anywhere I'm wearing a PAPR with 3M Versaflo headgear

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm past the masks...

IF I have to go anywhere I'm wearing a PAPR with 3M Versaflo headgear
I’m about there but I gave away all my disposable head tops and covers for training to customers that needed them late 2019. I sell them and train in them (3M employee) and I’m on b/o until who knows when. Indefinite delivery currently for most of our respiratory products. Welding PAPRs are still good though, the adflo series. Wait until people realize you can use those since they’re standard with an HE filter, then they’ll be gone too.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
I prefer the ones with the vent, easier to use. Before this situation, they were about $1 to $1.50 each. I do remember years ago, someone mentioned them being at a good price and buying them. I have an old box of 30 and I know I didn't pay more than $20 for it.

They'd gone up in the past, I had a box of 15 that later became a box of 10 from one company, I think the same price.

·
Dismember
1,966 Posts
I prefer the ones with the vent, easier to use. Before this situation, they were about $1 to $1.50 each. I do remember years ago, someone mentioned them being at a good price and buying them. I have an old box of 30 and I know I didn't pay more than $20 for it.

They'd gone up in the past, I had a box of 15 that later became a box of 10 from one company, I think the same price.
The unvented masks are much cheaper than vented.

The valve is an EXHALE VALVE, it's getting frustrating to keep explaining the word EXHALE to people. They protect the wearer.

Unvented are OK if you are somewhat fit, have reasonably young respiratory system, and aren't under pressure to work extended periods. Great for something like a grocery run, or for things that don't require exertion. I have good lungs, but I'm older, and I find unvented masks to be a misery.

Please don't use a mask on a sick person that you care about.

I began selling masks in 2005, online and on Amazon. Amazon is an automated bid system where you are constantly price-shuffling to remain competitive. My price was always within a dollar of $28.95 for the best N-95 name brands.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Please remember that the FDA makes us place a 5 yr shelf life on disposable respirators as well as cartridges and filters.
Anything beyond 5 years old may not be suited to hold up if materials have broken down, been exposed to UV or extreme temperatures.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hardware store here was always around $25 for a box of 20 made by 3M. Now he said he hasn't got any for weeks.

·
The Power of the Glave
2,266 Posts
Just practice usual anti-flu measures

There is no need for masks to protect from corona virus. Don't get caught up in the frenzy and help make some scalper a lot of money, selling overpriced masks.

Just do an Internet search, and find plenty of advice from experts on the futility of masks.

They are mainly of benefit for people such as health car workers who are attending patients. Or for people already infected, to prevent spread.

The BEST thing to do is just practice good health habits that are already recommended for the flu season.

Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food. Regular hand washing.

·
".....ya think?"
862 Posts
Bought in 2014....just for a longer historical context

2 of 3M 8210V Particulate Respirator, N95 Respiratory Protection (Case of 80)
Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
Return window closed on Nov 8, 2014
$77.08
Buy it again

View your item

1 - 20 of 21 Posts