Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
1. How much reloading components ....as in...how many cartridges can you assemble using components you keep in stock?

2. One cartridge, 2 different cartridges, or more?

3. Do you keep all components in one location, cache some, and/ or keep some at different locations?

Note: If the above questions can't be answered due to your own OPSEC, I completely understand. With that said, there is no need to reply here and tell us all about individual OPSEC either.

TIA

11B

·
Knowledge is Power
4,557 Posts
opsec

jk. I keep a few thousand 9mm pistol projectiles (3-10k) powder and primers

2-3k 5.56mm 62 gr soft point projectiles
500 or so projectiles in all hunting calibers

·
Knowledge is Power
4,557 Posts
No brass on hand or plan to use once fired reloadable brass?

11B
I guess I could include that lol. I keep once fired brass by the bucketful, 3-10k SP primers, 2-3k SR primers, 1-2k LR primers. enough powder for my chosen calibers to load and shoot at my current rate for 6 months to a year. Probably a decade in tough times.

·
What hell, pay attention
7,970 Posts
I usually load everything I have available brass wise, so most of my components are tied up in loaded ammo. Generally, Id rather have the ammo than the parts.

I load what I shoot each week and try to stay current. I just keep rotating through what I have for practice and add what I reload each week to the back of the queue.

I try to keep at least 1K worth of bullets for each caliber I shoot regularly on hand, and about double that plus in primers.

I usually buy primers when I see deals or sales as they pop up too. Can never have too many primers. :thumb:

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,567 Posts
I reload for 11 different cartridges and 2 gauges. Used to be 13 but I downsized :D:

I have more for some cartridges than others so it just depends on which one

Brass, powder, primers, bullets, hulls and shot. Also boxes and containers to hold loaded rounds

I'm pretty good at keeping my inventory up but sometimes when I start reloading, I don't quit until I run out of something

I reload during the winter (like now) when I have lots of time, as spring rolls around, invariably other things take precedence

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I load 2 different rounds and I guess it could be 3 if I wanted to with the supplies I have.

I pobably have enough stuff to reload 3k worth of rounds.

I have personally decided reloading was not worth the savings. I mostly reload for 1 military surplus round that would cost a dollar each for comercial ammo but I can load it for 12 cents. And that round and gun would probably be the last thing I would want to bring to a gun fight or use for survival.

For a survival scenario I would rather have comercial all ready loaded ammo.

At this point short of a zombie outbreak I have enough ammo for any emergency. (No I don't think zombies are a threat).

Everything gets kept in my shop by the press mounted on my workbench.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have 3 or 4 coffee cans of loaded 45 45 colt 44mag 357 38 380 9mm
Rifle 200 45 70 30 30 500 308
Lots of pistol brass buckets of it
A few 100 of each rifle brass .
I bought 20k primers when I found a good deal at a gun show .
And powder in 5/ 8 gallon jugs to load all of it .
I pick up lead 500 1000 rounds at a time . A few times a year
I shoot mostly 357 45 auto and colt round nose flat point 230gr and 158 grain
It a investment most of the material I have was bought at less then half what it costs now .

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
5k primers of large and small rifle and pistol.
1k+ of projectiles of each caliber
50+ lbs of powder total.
3k+ of each calibers brass (except 450bm. Only 750ish.)

Also have 1k+ of each caliber loaded except 450 bam and 6.5 Grendel.

I reload for:
9mm
44 mag
6.5 Grendel
8mm Mauser
450BM
300 bo
28 gauge
12 gauge

·
Space Force Recruit
1,388 Posts
I've got about 8,500 .30 cal projectiles of various weights and bullet types, but only about 400 unfired brass cases. I plan on using once fired cases from all my already assembled .308 ammo.

I don't have nearly enough of any type of powder stored to load 8,500 cartridges though.

·
Always Loaded
2,307 Posts
I reload around 15 calibers. At least half are more recreational than serous use. .25 ACP, 9MM MAK, 8MM Mauser, ect. I cast almost all of my own bullets, which eliminates a large cost portion of my stocks. Also adds a lot of versatility. I can take a lead ingot and load any caliber I want, not just one. I keep around 25-30 K in primers, and maybe 50-60 lbs of powder. For jacketed rifle projectiles, I have maybe 1,500 each of .223 and .30 cal.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts