Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much percent and what portions still lack onboard computers 'here' in the US or even for North America? If you know of any cops or ex cops what was/is it like to still not have one? How do you do things and how much longer does processing take without them fancy microchips which would be fried in an EMP? Do small to mid size town cops have to rough it?

How much of Oregon do you think has or lacks technology? I bet Portland is pretty advanced but then again it's still a hokey area compared to Seattle or San Fran so I wonder if even then Portland is behind the times?

How do ya'll cope and what are your 'hacks' for dealing with it?

·
"TURGID FLUX"
7,159 Posts
Most municipalities will still run tags and DLs manually on what used to be called a teletype channel, or information channel. In my city, I know they have mobile terminals. But sometimes it is easier and simpler to run it manually which is quite often.

If they pull over a car, they always read the tag, the make model color and whatever description of the occupants they can make out. All for officer safety. Then 15 minutes later, there is a call from dispatch checking on them.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Midwest Born
1,061 Posts
county of 39,000, makes us like top 10 in Kansas, city of less than 20k, all have laptop terminals, county and pd, so do the state troopers

·
I LOVE THIS PLACE
389 Posts
"Status checks" get them all the time in the FD if we don't have a lot of chatter on the radio. Here in the hillbilly officers call the Com center for license checks lots of no cell service areas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts