Survivalist Forum banner

How much food you you have on hand?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick poll to see where everyone is when it comes to food supplies for your household if TSHTF. What do you base your estimates on?

·
Renegade Vegan
175 Posts
We're more in the 3-6 months on most items, but that wasn't an option, so I picked 1-3 as there are still a few things we could improve on. For some basics like rice and beans we're set for a year.

·
Registered
394 Posts
right now about a week we just started actually stockin on food and ammo just last week, my parents put in $20 dollars every time we go to wal mart or sams club

·
I hear the bagpipes
279 Posts
I've got about 3 months worth stored at this time, but who knows? Zombie killin' makes me real hungry! Could only last a week or two once the butt kickin' starts...

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I got about 2 months worth of food.Its not much but its a start.beats the hell out of starving to death.

·
Bail me out
398 Posts
none on hand its all in my belly

·
Registered
826 Posts
A good, solid year for two people @ 2400 calories per day :thumb: plus we forage regularly on our land and get quite a lot of naturally nutritious extra goodies.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A good, solid year for two people @ 2400 calories per day :thumb: plus we forage regularly on our land and get quite a lot of naturally nutritious extra goodies.
A full year. Impressive. Canned, FD or mixed?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got about 2 months worth of food.Its not much but its a start.beats the hell out of starving to death.
Amen. We have about 2 months of food for two. We could get perhaps another week out of it if we stretched it.

Water is a pain to store so I only keep about a weeks worth for two. If it got ugly enough, I have Jerry cans, and purification abilites for the 450 gallon Koi pond.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts