Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
68,758 Posts
Those look to be in a lot better shape than the ones I see for sale around these parts. Congrats. I think I'd be tempted to keep one and restore it. It'd sure haul a nice load to the BOL and they're pretty manuverable offroad.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Odometer reads 6, 559 miles with 486 hours, Engine starts and runs.

Odometer reads 6, 470 miles with 1, 489 hours, Engine starts and runs.

seem pretty low on hours and miles,

so hopefully i'll luck out and not need much wrk besides maintaining them, but its my first big rig like this so i have no idea whats required lol but im willing to learn :)

·
Stand Firm.Buy Safecastle
259 Posts
Good for you. Where did you buy them? We use one similar to the bottom photo as a brush truck to fight fires. Those are duce and a halfs are they not? They are a blast to operate. Great find!!!

I to am drooling...

·
Premium Member
68,758 Posts
How'd you get them home? I guess their auction setup is a lot more together than ours. I bought some surplus trailers and OMG is it ever a pain to get through the paperwork on them and get them licensed. Takes me about 2 months each time and multiple trips to the base. Usually takes at least a week and a couple trips to base just to get the paperwork allowing me to remove them.

·
Not what I appear to be
2,173 Posts
Very very cool. I would make a gun truck out of the cargo, and mobile command & control / tactical operations center out of the maintenance truck. You got an excellent deal there.
I wouldn't sell either of them, you have spare parts for which ever one you want to keep running. If you have never driven an M35 series vehicle you should get with someone who has, there are some things that are unique to the operation of these beasts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.