Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question; How much ammo do you think you can buy before someone becomes suspicious? This may have been asked before but I have an extra bit of money and I was going out shopping tomorrow. I was wondering if I took a great deal of ammo up to the counter what would happen. There are only three stores in the area I am driving tomorrow that sell ammo so I'm splitting up what I'm buying but there is only one shop that sells my 300 savage shells. I was thinking of buying all they had. Would that be wise? Just asking tonight before I head out tomorrow. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
816 Posts
yeah i have bought hundreds at a time. If you are at all worried, just pay with cash and it won't matter if they are suspicious or not, they won't even know your name.

·
Registered
66 Posts
well, if people give you funny looks tell them you want a good supply before NObama taxes the living h*ll out of it.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
If you can afford to buy as much as you can then by all means. the reason the nation is in such short supply now is because alot more of you beat you to it and got there shopping done already. If you worried about a paper trail (per say) pay with cash.

·
Wide awake
1,963 Posts
If you can afford to buy as much as you can then by all means. the reason the nation is in such short supply now is because alot more of you beat you to it and got there shopping done already. If you worried about a paper trail (per say) pay with cash.
With the wisdom of a sage... For anything you don't want record of, use cash.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
a friend and i went to this http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/frames.html last year and bought over $2k in ammo from one dealer they got their dolly and wheeled it out to our truck and helped load it for us. we got some good deals for the time of what ammo was selling for they even through in several ammo boxes. they didnt acted shocked they was glad to sell to us :thumb:

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's really not uncommon for people to purchase in huge quantities. A lot of the "suspicion" has to do with your own attitude. Do you feel like you're doing something sneaky or wrong?

When ****'s runs 9mm on sale, I'll usually pick up 2k. My attitude is "so what?" That's the same attitude the sales people give me. Nothing odd about it at all.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Just remember this, they are in the business of selling guns and ammo. The more they sell the more they make, especially right now. If they look at you with suspicious eyes, it's because YOUR acting suspicious. Just walk in, ask for what you want, pay and walk away. :thumb:

·
DILIGENTIA VIS CELERITAS
727 Posts
I usually buy at gunshows and pay cash. I usually buy cases of 1000 rnds. No body really cares. Walmart might be a different story. I bought 3 boxes of .22's (1650 rounds) and the goof ball behind the counter looked at me funny.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If they ask whats its for just glare at them and say "Oh you'll find out". Then walk out laughing as loud as you can.

Or tell them you and some friends are going target shooting.

Or tell them to F off.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I recntly bought EVERY .22 round at a Walmart and 600 rounds of 9mm; they asked me if it was for a handgun and could care less.

We keep most all the ammo in ammo cans so it can be moved hastily; you should do the same and already know a good place to re-locate it and the weapons you don't want "stolen" by Obama's "civilian" army.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The place selling it will be glad they are selling so much. $$$

I've bought lots and never had any problems.

·
To secure peace is to...
4,194 Posts
Quick question; How much ammo do you think you can buy before someone becomes suspicious? This may have been asked before but I have an extra bit of money and I was going out shopping tomorrow. I was wondering if I took a great deal of ammo up to the counter what would happen. There are only three stores in the area I am driving tomorrow that sell ammo so I'm splitting up what I'm buying but there is only one shop that sells my 300 savage shells. I was thinking of buying all they had. Would that be wise? Just asking tonight before I head out tomorrow. Thanks for any information.
Since November the 4th, no one would even give two $hits how much you buy. It's been flying off the shelves so fast, nothing surprises them.

However, I do always pay in cash.

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
If someone looks at you funny just say, "Its OK, I'm a..." then fill in the punch line of your choice.

It's OK, I'm a...

dealer
drug dealer
Mormon
pacifist
Presbyterian
plumber
mean drunk
mental patient
proctologist
designated driver
Mason

Its OK, I am Henry the 8th, I am.

·
Leave Me Alone
434 Posts
Since November the 4th, no one would even give two $hits how much you buy. It's been flying off the shelves so fast, nothing surprises them.

However, I do always pay in cash.
Yeah the other day at a Gun Show, I saw a guy wheeling out a dolly with various cases on it. On his way out, others were offering to buy some of it. The early bird catches the case I guess.:thumb:

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
I've bout 5 boxes of 550 22lr, 1 case of 250rds of 12ga, 5 boxes of 30-30 and 5 boxes of 410 birdshot at once from wally world.

The kid behind the counter asks me what I was planning to do, I told him I was stocking up for the year. He just shrugged.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts