Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about survival, and being prepared, we should all have at least 2 lug wrenches in our vehicles.

To have a spare tire, is a waste of time, if your lug wrench breaks.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
Thinking about survival, and being prepared, we should all have at least 2 lug wrenches in our vehicles.

To have a spare tire, is a waste of time, if your lug wrench breaks.
I agree but ontop of my factory lug wrench I always have a large and complete socket set with me in both of my vehicles.

I also have a set of screw drivers and other various tools.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I haven't had one break on me yet but good idea! One of the 2 most important items in my truck is my booster cable and battery and some spare fuel that I recycle monthly.

·
Survivor
48 Posts
A 4 way lug wrench not only gives you a spare, but fits other people as well.
I found one on the side of the road one day. It had been there for a while as it was pushed down in the ground when it was run over. I saved it and adopted it as my own. :D:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
In my tools I keep a Craftsman Long handle heavy duty socket driver with lug sized sockets. If you need torque you will need a long handle. Also keep and scissor jack heavy duty besides the factory toy.

·
infowars.com
421 Posts
please make sure you guys have sockets that fit i just helped this guy on the side of the road a couple weeks ago he had a lifted truck with big rims and tires

he didnt realize he needed a thin wall socket cause a normal one wouldnt fit no space between lugs and rim mine is the same way

and if you got wheel lock i recomend ordering an extra one cause i have seen those get lost to easy or even break i use to own a tire shop so i have seen this first hand .

·
Banned
317 Posts
I also carry a spare fan belt and a pair of front bearing with grease already in them, extra windshield wiper, two quars of oil and a five gallons of gas.......don't forget extra fuses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts