Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning on the news ticker it said that Oregon has 76.

I’m nosey so...

How many in your State?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Well, I live close to Auburn University. They have about 1,000+- Chinese students. Atlanta is about 95 miles away. When China started having problems, Auburn banned travel to and from China, about a month ago. They mentioned moving some patients to Anniston, Ala. Army base. Governor called as well as people of Anniston and they backpeddled and said it was only a back up. Now some students at University of Alabama (about 2 hours from me) are in Korea on a trip that they cancelled when they got there after 2 days and want to come home. They will probably go into quarantine when they get back. That is how close we are to having a breakout here.

We are prepared to bug in for 3-6 months, with the stocks we have. We have a salt water swimming pool that we can use in emergencies for water and we have filters for this. We have a generator that runs on natural gas, propane, or gasoline, that can take care of a lot at 10kw. We have meds for 3 months or more except one of mine and I am to see the doctor for a scrip to get additonal supply for about 3 months or more. Fresh food will be our only concern. We are going to start a vegetable garden by spring to keep us busy and have some fresh food. Got two deer in the freezer this year as well as other meat. Have plenty of canned veggies and meats. Masks are in short supply now. We also have about a 6 month supply of toilet paper and paper towels. Don't know about everyone else, but we think we are ready. Oh we have candles, lanterns, lantern oil, lighters, and spare batteries.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
DHEC says there are 9 or 10 in self quarantine here in South Carolina. 0 positive results so far. However, our hospitals are overran with seasonal flu. Goods are flying off the store shelves. Must be a lot of preppers in South Carolina.

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,515 Posts
WHERE I live.. we are so sparsely populated we are in pretty much constant isolation until we go to town.
and
I only go for mail.

Reactions: Paravani

·
I have control issues
5,986 Posts
Arizona - 1 definite (College student had traveled to China prior to becoming sick; 1 "presumed" positive - had been traveling with someone who was positive.

State lab is doing testing on anyone they suspect may have it/been exposed. Both cases were also in higher-population areas (Phoenix)

In my rural area - nada.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I don't think most people are going to willingly self isolate. I'm Detroit a college there just asked foreign travellers returning to school to self isolate. Detroit is very diverse, we have lots of foreigners here in the metro area.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
7,312 Posts
If you believe the media, the majority of the citizens that reside in Austin. The mayor’s declaration of a state of emergency has caused people the stay in their homes. Local businesses are seeing a deep cut in patronage. The mayor has gone on media, broadcast and social begging his subjects to go about their normal activities. Leave your homes and go buy things.

·
Follow your own star
1,905 Posts
One family but the dad and daughter thought it was fine to go to a school event.
Playing stupid saying no one told us to stay home just our oldest who tested positive.
You can't fix stupid

1 - 20 of 20 Posts