Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Semper Fi
11,258 Posts
Their numbers are WAY off...only 220K registered firearms in CA? I'm thinking that many get bought a YEAR here. On CalGuns they regularly bat around the number as 10 MILLION registered gun owners in this State.

Reactions: Harmless Drudge

·
Registered
5 Posts
What do they mean by "registered firearms"?
Methodology
As America reels from yet another mass shooting, inevitable questions resurface about guns laws and the nation's pervasive firearm culture. Here is a look at per capita weapons data, based on the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, and 2013 data from the U.S. Census.

While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934: machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices like bombs and grenades, concealable devices with the ability to discharge a shot through the energy of an explosive, and any firearm with a bore over half an inch that has not been determined to have a legitimate sporting use.

so IF I am reading this right... its basically NFA firearms...

·
Outlander Territory
3,710 Posts
Doesn't surprise me in the least that Wyoming is #1. However the whole article is skewed because there aren't any "registered" guns in a huge percentage of those states...and I can guarantee you that there are more guns in the state of Wyoming than there are people! (kinda like cows!)

·
Weed 'em and reap
31,581 Posts
I love the objectivity of this report. It begins: As America reels from yet another mass shooting . . .

You don't think that there is a discernible bias here do you?
Truth be told, in a nation with over 400,000,000 privately held guns, the fact that we only have the occasional mass shooting is quite remarkable. Especially considering how easy it is for a "prohibited person" to get a gun on the black market. No wonder liberals drool and foam at the mouth over the mass shootings. From their understanding, there should be one every hour on the hour, and that on a slow day.

·
NRA Life 1971
9,758 Posts
I went through the list and totaled all the guns (slow news night) and came up with slightly over 3.5 million.
The news article is off by a factor of 100 at least but they are talking about registered guns. No wonder the libs want gun control. Only 1% of all our guns are registered.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Methodology
As America reels from yet another mass shooting, inevitable questions resurface about guns laws and the nation's pervasive firearm culture. Here is a look at per capita weapons data, based on the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, and 2013 data from the U.S. Census.

While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934: machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices like bombs and grenades, concealable devices with the ability to discharge a shot through the energy of an explosive, and any firearm with a bore over half an inch that has not been determined to have a legitimate sporting use.

so IF I am reading this right... its basically NFA firearms...
+1

Once again reading comprehension is a huge issue around here. It clearly states on the first page NFA registered firearms.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
California has more AR 15/AK/AKM pattern weapons than either Florida or Texas
Maybe.

CA also limits mag capacity and requires mag locks. By law. When are you guys going to take that state back from the fruits & nuts?

Not my problem. I don't live there and don't plan on visiting.

You fix your state. I don't care. One day I might be defending my state border from the libtard incursion your state has fostered. Time will tell.

·
Forward, into the fray!
3,682 Posts
I don't have a single registered firearm. Nobody ever came around registering firearms. Almost all of mine are private sales, so even if they've kept record of ones bought in stores they're not counting many. Why do I keep seeing articles about registered firearms. Few states do that.

·
Banned
10,042 Posts
Maybe.

CA also limits mag capacity and requires mag locks. By law. When are you guys going to take that state back from the fruits & nuts?

Not my problem. I don't live there and don't plan on visiting.

You fix your state. I don't care. One day I might be defending my state border from the libtard incursion your state has fostered. Time will tell.
You will fight to stop "Libtards" but Brown Dwarfs from Guanomalla or other points south of the Border are perfectly fine with you , I see how it is .

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.