Survivalist Forum banner

How many feel a GO BAG, is to go and not return?

5K views 39 replies 24 participants last post by  Idaholady 
#1 ·
I started out indulging in gear and gadgetry to bring comfort to nowhere. As time has gone by, (keeping in mind, I am short about $300 in necessary gear) my gear got heavier and heavier. Not to mention my spine is jacked from both ends and closing. I've more in the last year studied in thought the "mindset of craft vs gear. Sure lightens the load. Having no kids, if I experience a SHTF scenario, my I plan to prep my "Go Bag" to just GO... All over I'm heading more and more of privatizing public and national land. The jig it's up folks. All this talk about Bug Out Bags has perhaps raised alerts to the idea that you can't control a people you can't find and dominate. I generally don't live in a conspiratory mindset, and I don't believe hell will freeze over in our lifetime. I haven't decided if I'll take a stand against a governmental takeover or just head for the hills and see where the bones lie in the end. Maybe I'll just end up in my own country paradise. Who knows...

#36 ·
... I haven't decided if I'll take a stand against a governmental takeover or just head for the hills and see where the bones lie in the end. Maybe I'll just end up in my own country paradise. Who knows...
When it come's to buggin' I'm more of an INie than an OUTie. So, my rural self will bug IN unless/until there is a good reason to bug OUT. One reason is that I don't have a place to bug out to. I should find a place, though, cuz when you gotta go, you gotta go. :eek::

My guess is that you will bug out to the woods, and then bug out from there, and then bug out from there, and then bug out from there. LOTS of reasons NOT to bug out.

If I bug out because I heard the govt is confiscating peoples' stuff, then I might can return after the threat is over. If an evil horde of mutant zombie bikers is coming, I may bug out until they leave. If they settle at my house, maybe I can find a way to fight and take it back.

So, whether you're coming back or not probably depends on why you left in the first place. If you live in the middle of a large city, then you might never want to come back. But if that's the case, my suggestion is to find somewhere to bug out to (e.g., a prepper group retreat, rural relative/friend's house, etc). Not just some currently unoccupied forrest land.

--- Lobanz

#40 · (Edited)
I have a BOB that I carry in the car in case I get stranded or truck breaks down and I have to stay overnight some place. I am currently working on an INCH bag; its been taking some time as I slowly acquire the materials. I attended a great emergency prep class, where I learned about the INCH bag for the first time.

One guy showed up with his. Now, he's a big guy and his bag weighed 65 lbs. He was wearing pants that had all kinds of pockets to stash stuff as well as his other clothing. Well, I'm still working on my INCH bag; giving it a lot of thought; cause I may NOT be coming back home....and I want to have just about everything for survival....except the kitchen sink...:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.