Survivalist Forum banner

Do You Belive that Christ was

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a discussion in the religious thread that posture whether Christ was deity or not. My question is do you believe that God and Jesus were one in the same or do you merely believe that Christ was a prophet?

·
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jesus is part of the triune Godhead. It is a mystery we are not meant to fully understand.
I agree with you 100% but there are some who would disagree. I am just trying to see if we that believe are a minority or a majority. So I want to personally thank you for your opinion.

·
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and I want to thank all who participate in this poll whether I agree with there view or not.

·
Closed for the Season.
15,784 Posts
and I want to thank all who participate in this poll whether I agree with there view or not.
A couple of problems with your Poll. One you made it a Public Poll where others can see how you voted. Two your choices are limited to basically those that are believers of one type or another.

Since the Thread is outside the Religious Forum my choice is Christ is a fictional character. There is no real gods. No real prophets. Just human beings with the one thing that really separates us from the animals, Story telling.

·
Registered
848 Posts
John ch3 vrs16 pretty much covers that question :16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

·
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A couple of problems with your Poll. One you made it a Public Poll where others can see how you voted. Two your choices are limited to basically those that are believers of one type or another.

Since the Thread is outside the Religious Forum my choice is Christ is a fictional character. There is no real gods. No real prophets. Just human beings with the one thing that really separates us from the animals, Story telling.
First of all I want to thank you for pointing out my mistake as to making the poll public. I did not realize that I did that. Secondly the poll does reflect the way I wanted to have people vote. Either you believe that Christ was Deity or that he was not. Since you do not believe in God then you do not believe that he was deity. And though I strongly disagree with your choice I do respect that it is your choice and I thank you for participating.:)

·
Closed for the Season.
15,784 Posts
... Either you believe that Christ was Deity or that he was not. Since you do not believe in God then you do not believe that he was deity. ...
I also don't believe he is a real Prophet. There may have been a real man behind all the stories. That I could not say one way or another.

In order for a Prophet to work (other than random predictions or preying on the gullible) they need to have supernatural abilities or access to a deity. There is no deities or supernatural ability.

Edit: Note to Moderator: Delete this and my prior post if you move this to the Religion Forum. I do not wish to be in violation of policy.

·
Forward, into the fray!
3,681 Posts
I believe God the Father is a singular entity and Jesus is another. Separate personalities, though Jesus is a deity, made so by his father. His power, authority and honour was granted to him by God, and made his own.

·
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe God the Father is a singular entity and Jesus is another. Separate personalities, though Jesus is a deity, made so by his father. His power, authority and honour was granted to him by God, and made his own.
I happen to believe in the trinity. Just as a man has a body a soul and a spirit so also can God be three in one. But again, that is just my personal belief.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,217 Posts
If you don't believe He's God, you're not a Christian and are, in fact, going to hell.

Christianity is not a philosophy you get to pick and choose. It is a faith.

·
TEXAS!!!
7,273 Posts
There is a discussion in the religious thread that posture whether Christ was deity or not. My question is do you believe that God and Jesus were one in the same or do you merely believe that Christ was a prophet?
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Jesus *IS* "The Word".

·
Let the Debate begin
6,458 Posts
John ch3 vrs16 pretty much covers that question :16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
This is what I believe. A Deity to me is a creator and supreme being (in a monotheistic religion such as Christianity).

But Jesus is much more than just a Prophet.

So my answer should be, none of the above.

·
Sure’nuff
765 Posts
If you don't believe He's God, you're not a Christian and are, in fact, going to hell.

Christianity is not a philosophy you get to pick and choose. It is a faith.

So much for "free will" then.

And isn't your first sentence a judgment? Who are you to judge anyone?

·
Live Free or Die
3,866 Posts
So much for "free will" then.

And isn't your first sentence a judgment? Who are you to judge anyone?
PK isn't making a judgement there. She is just stating what the scriptures clearly say. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. No one comes to the father save through him. You have freewill. You can choose to accept the truth or reject it. God will not force you to choose him. People misunderstand something about God. They think that because God is loving, he is wrong to send them to hell just because the reject him. The problem is, that while he is love he is also HOLY, HOLY, HOLY and that sin cannot exist in his presence. That is why Jesus had to die a physical death. His blood paid for our sins. You have to accept the deal though. If you reject the deal, you remain mired in sin. Sin and the sinful cannot exist in God's Holy, Holy, Holy presence. therefore, when you choose to reject Christ's redemption, you choose to put yourself in hell.

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,954 Posts
We worship a singular deity.

God is holy. God is spirit. God is Holy Spirit.

The creation of Jesus is recorded in the Gospel records. As God is outside of the timeline construct, God may move individuals up and down the timeline as suits the needs of God.

Jesus may have existed previously on the timeline, as God needed. But we know exactly when and where Jesus [the man] was created.

Jesus is my brother. As the brothers of Jesus, each of his followers are promised that we will inherit abilities to do far greater things than what Jesus was capable of doing.

·
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Jesus *IS* "The Word".
John 1:14 and the Word was made flesh

1 - 20 of 23 Posts