Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I bought my place I didn't think about it being such a good place to sit out bad times and good.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I won't be going anywhere. This is my home and it will take something very big to get me to leave. This land was settled by my great-great grandfather and handed down to the oldest grandson ever since. I got it from my grandfather when he passed and I'll do the same with it. So much history here, roots run very deep. And as a plus a lot of my family lives very close,and my Brother and Dads place are connected to mine. I'll be staying.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Same here, 14 acres in rural Tennessee. The nearest gallon of milk or gas is 12 miles. Not perfect but it feels like it sometimes.

Hey, I read an article, I think by Claire Wolf, about a lady who purchased a place in rural Washington only to find that FEMA had designated her property an evac place-to escape to in case of Mt St Helens. No one told her, she just happened to read an evac route brochure and discovered it herself. Yikes.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Im screwed. 12 miles from one of the biggest military bases in the world and surrounded by sheeple. That reminds me, I need to buy more ammo.

·
Watchful and Hopeful
122 Posts
I live on 1 acre 2.5 miles from the city limits of our county seat. Our county has a population of about 50,000 with about 358 square miles. I feel lucky that the large portion of the county is farmers and trades people. I can look forward to the knowledge and skills availible in my community, and that we will shoot for each other rather than each other. Here I am on city water. But, in the same county about 13 miles further out of town I have 26 acres with another house and a 30x40 shop. There I have a well with much of the land ready to farm again when needed. There, I currently have persimmon, muskadine, apples, hickory, and walnuts. I am adding more apples along with pear and peach. About 20 acres cleared and 5 acres wooded. I am just glad that the 26 acre property is the one I have paid for free and clear. I have been here my entire life. If I ever HAVE to leave it will be in a box, or holding the hand of Jesus!:)

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
my fiance and I are looking for property north of houston with a house to fortify and prepare for us AND facilities for a good sized MAG. anyone in the area that wants to talk shop PM me

·
Registered
76 Posts
I live on 3 waterfront acres on an island in a rain forest in a state with one person per square mile. I am the last private property on the island 15 miles from town with nothing beyond me but God's green acres and all it's critters. My nearest neighbors are 1/2 mile. It'll do.

·
Just a little more.
832 Posts
300+acres of family land, used to be a dairy farm back in the day, with a creek in back. Roughly 66 people per square mile in our parish. 10 miles from town unfortunately. Of course 25 miles would still be to close if you cask me. :D: Land has been in our family for six generations so it will take a lot to get me to leave.:mad:

·
Prepared in NH
12,866 Posts
Living in the backwoods now, in a small town.
No neighbors.

I was out in my back of the property yesterday shooting my SKS Para.

Fresh water from a mountain stream runs year round literally next to the house - and there's a river along the road that our driveway is on.
Deer and pheasant aplenty too.

·
Registered
552 Posts
live on 1.5 acres of family owned parcel of 30+ acres, half of which is farmable fields. 2 homes with barns and working stone wells! Also have 2 other households of inlaws within 2 miiles in 2 other homes. Ill be staying put.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
my plan is to live my last year of my years on my land liveing in planned underground tank home with a small raised bed garden with small things in life to make my life good in ways that i can be in my life.

·
Ego Dominus Vos
565 Posts
split time between 85 acres up north and city house ... really no choice until TSHTF, the ole lady is still working ... son, brother and I work the homestead when possible to access, winter sucks, we sit idle ...

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,493 Posts
Since I plan to bug in, I guess you could say I'm living at my retreat. I am on a couple acres, with plenty more land in the area to expand into. Hoping to get my animals in this summer, but the economy looks like it's going to prevent that. Oh well, storage food it is for now.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
1st... I heard about United Nations Agenda 21.... (still haven't made up my mind about *that* one)

2nd... found the TV Series Jericho... see the VALUE of living in Smalltown USA.

3rd... read One Second After.

I'm currently in Smalltown, USA (under 1,000 population). I've decided *this* is my best option. MY PLAN is to Bug In.

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,804 Posts
I live on 1 acre 2.5 miles from the city limits of our county seat. Our county has a population of about 50,000 with about 358 square miles. I feel lucky that the large portion of the county is farmers and trades people. I can look forward to the knowledge and skills availible in my community, and that we will shoot for each other rather than each other. Here I am on city water. But, in the same county about 13 miles further out of town I have 26 acres with another house and a 30x40 shop. There I have a well with much of the land ready to farm again when needed. There, I currently have persimmon, muskadine, apples, hickory, and walnuts. I am adding more apples along with pear and peach. About 20 acres cleared and 5 acres wooded. I am just glad that the 26 acre property is the one I have paid for free and clear. I have been here my entire life. If I ever HAVE to leave it will be in a box, or holding the hand of Jesus!:)
Just make sure you don't own the BOL under the same entity that is the mortgagor of your primary residence. If you do, and SHTF and the mortgagee called the note because you physically couldn't get payment through, they could attach your BOL.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts