Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,160 Posts
pretty easy to google search this.. but it is temperature/humidity dependent.

can be a week in air conditioned spaces. At 90+ degrees and high humidity under 24 hours.

·
That'll be the day...
3,864 Posts
Hard non-porous surface... a couple of hours
Porous surface....one to two days
Carpet..... 7-10 days

And as TXPREP said.... all the above completely variable depending on atmospheric conditions.

·
Prepper in Training
251 Posts
Our company has been attending weekly webex conferences by an insurance and risk mitigation company. These guys are very well respected and have deep panel on the COVID-19 situation consisting of doctors, epidemiologists, even security and former government officials.

This subject came up in today's conference. Most of the answers above are accurate but they cautioned that is up to 9 days in optimal conditions. The problem is there are literally hundreds of variables that contribute to the outcome. Some mentioned above, including temperature, humidity, how quickly the temperature changes and the amount of viral load on the surface.

We implemented a cleaning regimen in our company that disinfects and sanitizes the common areas most likely to spread the virus. These being tables, appliance handles, common phones, door handles, office equipment panels, restrooms, towel dispensers, faucet and fixtures, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
In terms of packages mailed/sent, it's being advised to use rubber gloves and placing the package inside a trash bag for 9 days, to be on the safe side. Amazon or Walmart haven't yet advised truck drivers on how to handle the packages via the virus :eek:.
It's been reported that 2 Amazon employees in Seattle tested positive; not sure about Walmart.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
In terms of packages mailed/sent, it's being advised to use rubber gloves and placing the package inside a trash bag for 9 days, to be on the safe side. Amazon or Walmart haven't yet advised truck drivers on how to handle the packages via the virus :eek:.
It's been reported that 2 Amazon employees in Seattle tested positive; not sure about Walmart.
Got a link?
I've got a buddy who is a mailman.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
In terms of packages mailed/sent, it's being advised to use rubber gloves and placing the package inside a trash bag for 9 days, to be on the safe side. Amazon or Walmart haven't yet advised truck drivers on how to handle the packages via the virus
I placed several on-line orders early this morning, from Amazon and a couple other places. I've promised myself this is the last shopping I will do until COVID 19 is behind us, because I think it is prudent to stop bringing stuff from the outside into my house.

When the packages arrive, I will use a procedure similar to the one outlined by eyepal. I will let each package sit inside its trash bag for longer than nine days though. I'm thinking three or four weeks, just to be safe.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,836 Posts
I placed several on-line orders early this morning, from Amazon and a couple other places. I've promised myself this is the last shopping I will do until COVID 19 is behind us, because I think it is prudent to stop bringing stuff from the outside into my house.

When the packages arrive, I will use a procedure similar to the one outlined by eyepal. I will let each package sit inside its trash bag for longer than nine days though. I'm thinking three or four weeks, just to be safe.
I stopped Amazon orders last week.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/facebook-amazon-workers

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, I thought only lived a few hours outside of humans. Had no idea it lives that long. I thought I was safe buying mail order and skipping the stores. Will have to sanitize after opening boxes and mail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts