Survivalist Forum banner

When will the U.S withdraw the majority of its troops from Iraq?

• 16 months like Obama promised

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 3 years

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • 5 or more years

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Troops will just be renamed something else and stay

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Troops will be redeployed elsewhere

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • When all the oil is gone

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • When pigs fly

Votes: 9 29.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last I heard Obamas plan on a withdrawal from Iraq went from a immediate complete pullout durring his early presidential campaign to a 16 month pullout of "all combat troops".

This wording can be tricky because you can rename our troops from combat troops to a "residual force" or "peacekeeping force" or really anything you want to call it and still occupy Iraq.

Then theres always the possibility of an "unexpected event" that could cause the withdrawal timeframe to change.

I'll give Obama the benefit of the doubt and continue watching how this develops. The poll asks how long you think it will be before the majority of the current troops are back U.S soil.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
Speaking as a mother with a child in Iraq as we speak, I don't think we'll be out anytime soon. :-(

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I have noticed that the more he talks about Iraq here lately, the more his policy sounds like the Bush policy. One thing is for sure we are not leaving there in the next 16 months...I got a better chance of seeing the third comming of Christ before that happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts