Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
New Mexico

some dim cow got in my face for reading a gun magazine in a restaurant. the head waitress told her to shut up or leave.

I saw Guns & Ammo in a doctors waiting room once.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I have seen a few surveys. I would never answer one if asked. California is noted to have a few. I'm thinking there are more in the rural areas. I know that I have a 22 rimfire.

·
Registered
9,012 Posts
Survey says! #6...LOL

Titillating, and slightly better than a wild ass guess...but hey someone got paid to do it, so at least they're making a wage and not wandering the streets...

·
MortarMaggot
3,280 Posts
New Mexico

some dim cow got in my face for reading a gun magazine in a restaurant. the head waitress told her to shut up or leave.

I saw Guns & Ammo in a doctors waiting room once.
The doc that gives me injections in my back asked me what my holster was for, I told him a Glock 23. He says he carries a G19. Now everytime I go in we bust each others balls over 9mm Vs. 40. I wish more doctors were like him.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm in rural Arizona. A while back our Representative from our district commented that those rioters are unlikely to bother us, because this district really likes the 2nd Amendment. So far, no suicidal rioters here.

·
2,812 Posts
The doc that gives me injections in my back asked me what my holster was for, I told him a Glock 23. He says he carries a G19. Now everytime I go in we bust each others balls over 9mm Vs. 40. I wish more doctors were like him.
LOL My Doc is a W. TX dairy farm boy, he used to have a bunch of digital pics in his office of some of his horse backpacking hunting trips until he started getting some complaints, I always enjoyed those pics. He and I have had some interesting conversations! LOL

·
Semper Fi
8,582 Posts
I have seen a few surveys. I would never answer one if asked. California is noted to have a few. I'm thinking there are more in the rural areas. I know that I have a 22 rimfire.
When I was active on CalGuns the estimate back then was 11 million gun owners (not total guns) in the State.

More gun owners than the entire populations of several 2A friendly States.

·
Registered
9,012 Posts
If the statistics represented new gun owners then they might be onto something. Although one could safely assume that some are new gun owners, it is not broken down as to whether or not the purchaser is new to firearms.

The statistics are BG checks only, which could include trades, a second, third or fourth gun purchase (by the same person) or in some states a transfer between existing gun owners.

Or it could mean that universal BG checks are kicking in and sales that would not normally be recorded are being recorded and perhaps that is what is inflating the numbers.

For 244 years firearms have been bought sold and traded in the US. These figures simply represent the number of BG checks being performed (for what ever reason) and do not relate to how heavily armed a state may (or may not) be. I don't think it works that way...

·
operatorchan.org
2,797 Posts
That's NFA items. We can't get them in NY, but everyone in the neighborhood either built ARs from 80% kits, P80 handguns, or 3D printed AR lowers. All off the grid. We're more armed than you think.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
15,524 Posts
I was comparing my retirement plans with a friend of mine. He used to be a liberal, but he pointed out he now owned four pistols, and planned to move to Eastern Tennesse. I gave him my best worried look and suggested that Ten. would not let him move there from Cal, because he does not own enough guns. Perhaps he could call ahead and have a gun shop owner meet him at the state border, and sell him a few more.

·
Adventurer
804 Posts
Number 11....... Thats In Registered firearms...... PA is one of the most heavily hunted states in the US..... I guarantee that there are 5 times that many unregistered rifles and shotguns here. I don’t know a single person in PA who does not own at least one handgun. Not to mention all the gun stores are CLEANED OUT.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts