Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Smile..wait for the flash
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda interesting but way off, only covers guns regulated by the NFA's registered guns.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/most-heavily-armed-states-in-america/?ftag=ACQ449302a&vndid=5baa838be4b0867006a32077&fbclid=IwAR294D49WezQEX0KcuL75BQaTMG10d6Ji9QJcKfhPnc6KqB4F4B7wffApaI

"Here is a look at per capita weapons data, based on the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, and 2013 data from the U.S. Census.

While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934: machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices like bombs and grenades, concealable devices with the ability to discharge a shot through the energy of an explosive, and any firearm with a bore over half an inch that has not been determined to have a legitimate sporting use.

But some guns fall outside of this scope, and many aren't registered, meaning surveys on gun ownership come to different conclusions. For a look at those results, check out this list."

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Based on my informal neighborhood polling based on hunting photos, taxidermy animals on the walls, people carrying guns to their cars, gun cabinets in people's basements, running into people I know at gun stores, and general stated opinions on the subject.... I'm going to assume every single person in my neighborhood has a gun in the house. I know outside the city everyone has something. If you ask them if they own a gun they might say no; just a hunting rifle and a shotgun. Because they consider guns handguns and ARs. Hunting rifles and shotguns are like fishing poles.

When I travel to Texas I assume 1/2 have one on them, the rest have one in their car, and 100% of the homes have guns for every person in the home and several for visitors. It's prudent to assume everyone has a gun in Texas. Just like one should assume everyone in the bad areas of Chicago has an unregistered gun.

These people need to stop trying to count. Even most anti-gun dems and their politicians have guns just in case. They should come out of the closet.

·
2,798 Posts
LOL This number for Texas is just a guess. According to the artical

Texas comes in at number 18, with 12.8 guns on record for every 1,000 residents. That's 337,309 firearms among 26,448,193 people. In fact, the actual numbers are probably higher because Texans are not required by law to register their firearms.

·
Registered
210 Posts
MN has guns in 7 out of 10 homes per surveyed data. Probably higher. As far as the number of firearms in the U.S? I have posted a couple links in the past, that the U.S. has north of 600 million, not the BS 300 million that fake news vomits up.

·
Registered
189 Posts
11.3 guns per 1000 people in MT, yet hunting licenses during rifle season far surpass that. Either theres a lot of gun lending going on, or this list is BS. I actually don't know many people who don't have a gun out here... I mean I don't own any of course.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Based on my informal neighborhood polling based on hunting photos, taxidermy animals on the walls, people carrying guns to their cars, gun cabinets in people's basements, running into people I know at gun stores, and general stated opinions on the subject.
You are in an awesome neighborhood! Sounds like a paradise...

·
Psalm 37:28
677 Posts
11.3 guns per 1000 people in MT, yet hunting licenses during rifle season far surpass that. Either theres a lot of gun lending going on, or this list is BS. I actually don't know many people who don't have a gun out here... I mean I don't own any of course.
The list isn't BS; it just isn't very relevant.

The opening paragraph of the article states that the data includes only arms on the NFA registry... So only full autos, SBR, SBS, suppressors, and destructive devices.

It doesn't include shotguns, rifles, handguns, or even AR15s... You know, "normal" guns.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
There are no guns in my state at all, or maybe there are lots. There is no registration for non NFA firearms, and you don't need a permit to carry one, so - it is a mystery.

Let's keep it that way.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
In 2018 almost 602,000 people bought deer licenses. The article says 43,000 guns in Michigan. They also say registered guns. We only need to register pistols. But I know there’s more than that in the state too.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,230 Posts
Ha Ha, Texas 12.8 guns per thousand. That's hilarious.

I know a guy that has around 1000 guns. A bit of an enthusiast/collector. One guy. His dad owns a couple decent sized companies, so money was not an issue.

I am sure he has lost them all in a tragic boating accident though.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,384 Posts
Ha Ha, Texas 12.8 guns per thousand. That's hilarious.

I know a guy that has around 1000 guns. A bit of an enthusiast/collector. One guy. His dad owns a couple decent sized companies, so money was not an issue.

I am sure he has lost them all in a tragic boating accident though.
I agree!

There's over 1,000,000 licensed hunters in Texas yet there's 29 million in population

That's 1 gun for every 29 people. 1000/29=34.4 guns per 1000

Hunters in Texas most assuredly have more than 1 gun

If my math serves me correctly

·
Registered
44 Posts
Arkansas, my home state is pretty well set. Texas where I live at 18 is disappointing. It's also probably too low for how many guns Texas really has. Lol.

·
Texas chooses people.
2,369 Posts
So the OP title should be " how armed are the people of your state". I mis-read thinking how 'bad to the bone' is the armaments of each state? I knew Texas was at the top, should she decide to, ahem, exit this great nation.

Now, how many guns are they claiming Texans have? :rolleyes:
Yep, we lost them in a boating accident. And I hope we kick out of office every politician that tries to force us to register them.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I’m in CT. Most people don’t have guns, but those who do seem to have a LOT. I don’t know anyone who only has one or two. More like one or two dozen.

·
Sam Adams was right....
9,050 Posts
Only 6 states and the District of Columbia require the registration of firearms.

The sum of registered firearms = 6,058,390 (vs 393M total in America.)

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,766 Posts
Maine does not require any kind of 'registration' of firearms.

We have Open Carry [without any registration].

We have Open Carry [without any registration].

Why would a registration database tell you anything?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I just read that 15.6 million hunting licenses are issued in the US each year. However, I live in Alabama, and if you are over 65 you do not have to buy a license. Drivers license is all you need. Hmm. Add a few more million if a lot of states are like Alabama. Then you have pre-teen and teenagers who hunt with their parents. A couple more million.

Now, you also have 18.66 million CC permits issued each year in the US. A lot of these people don't hunt. This also doesn't count states where you don't have to get a CC permit.

So how do you really get the number of Americans who have guns? Hunters have at least 3. A big game rifle, 22 rifle, and a shotgun. This doesn't count preppers, city people with cc permits, etc, etc.

The only real way to count the guns is to calculate the production of guns sold privately each year since say WWII. But, some people have collectable military guns that are still in use. Each person under arms in WW II could bring home a weapon. That is 10 million still out there. I have relatives who have Mausers and Lugars from their WWII parents that can still fire.

I say there are far more guns in the US that anyone really knows.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts