Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How effective is a .22 mag NAA revolver for self-defense? (I'm using it for ultra concealment... but I am just wasting my time on this revolver?)

Has anyone personally experienced firing this on a two-legged attacker?

·
The Martialist
18 Posts
I've carried the .22 LR mini-revolver for years. It's a decent little gun for deep, deep, deep concealment when there is no other choice. It's also very safe and reliable. As for efficacy, a small caliber to the face will ruin everyone's day, even a .25. It's an edge.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
.22Mag will put the hurt on somebody with a quickness.My father carries a ruger blackhawk in .22mag.I've seen him shoot groundhogs and blow the top of there heads off with it.I got alot of respect for that little round.the .22mag and .22 hornet are two of my favorite calibers.

Reactions: psyprofessor

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think its just like one of their adds said once.5 shots from a mini mag MIGHT NOT kill a man..But we gaurantee it will change his attitude.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The reviews on NAA 22LR vs NAA .22 mag that I read suggested that the mag was not a significant increase in delivered energy. I bought the 22LR and it is a surprisingly neat bit of hardware. It's easy to misplace so make sure you put it somewhere consistently. Don't ask me how I know this.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Depending on the barrel length. Mine is a 1/2". It i better than throwing rocks and name calling. It is a good gun to take to a knife fight. BUT I like it!

Night firing it is a hoot!!! BIG ol' ball of fire that alone should make some turn tail!

·
Unrepentant Sinner
371 Posts
I believe that you are going to have quite severe velocity loss out of that stubby little pipe as opposed to a longer barrel. Most of the powder is going towards making fireworks like prprd_1 referred to.

·
Banned
34,722 Posts
Not.

Get one of the numerious pocket .32's for:
-Better performance
-Centerfire... more sure ignition
-Not a single action revolver
-Quick reload
-Higher capacity

I have owned/shot the NAA in the past... Skip it.

·
Grounded
1,501 Posts
Unless you're hoping to hide it in your hoohoo, I'd recommend something in .380 (only for the purposes of concealment). Kel-tec makes a .380 that is less than an inch in thickness and not much longer than the gun you're talking about. It is a good deal taller, but I can't imagine it will give you any trouble with concealment.

I'm not personally a fan of Kel-tec, but I think I'd trust this gun more than I'd trust a .22mag with a fingernail sized barrel. If the .380 is still to large, they make a .32 that is smaller and will still do more damage than a .22. See the following site for pictures and a review: http://www.ericsiegmund.com/fireant/archivesmt/003394.html

·
Registered
631 Posts
The mini revolver is good as a second or third weapon. I would not carry one as a lone weapon however. My summertime carry gun is a PA 63 and the back up is a spare mag and an outdoor edge folding skinner.

·
Criminitly!
572 Posts
I have the Kel-tek .380. Bought for my wife. Carry hp starfile in it. It has quite the muzzle flip. Very easy to hide. I also carry the PA-63. Due the lightness of the gun it also has some nasty muzzle filp. Never seen HP in 9x18 so I have fmj. Also easy to conceal and you can get it about $150 bucks. I have larger more expensive hand guns but it is nice not to have to worry if they show or not. Many say carry at least a 9 and a rut sak full of ammo for a trip to store. I like to just throw it my pocket and go. I like them both for different reasons. The most important thing about buying is getting somthing you like, feel comfortable enough with it that it is almost instinct.

·
Registered
631 Posts
The PA63 is a neat little handgun. I keep mine loaded with FMJ because it works (so far 100%). Yes there are hollow point rounds but they are a bit pricy. My wife carries a M&P .40 cal but I like small guns better.

·
Criminitly!
572 Posts
Hey Red,
Where did you get the HP? Also did you have trouble with jamming with the HP? Just curious. I can find 9x18 pretty easily but I have never seen a HP here in Indiana.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My buddy who owns the gun shop i shop at talked me into getting the mag vs. the LR. His red neck ballistics tests were as simple as the 22lr didn't go through a 2x4, and the mag did. haha...........really though

1 - 20 of 22 Posts