Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a slow recovery from a broken arm/ wrist at the end of last year, I had to live with literally 1 arm for 3 months..daily activities became Quite challenging...if nobody was around I had to open jars with one hand..holding jar between my knees! Wondering what tricks folks with medical conditions or injuries have to get it done!

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,567 Posts
I don't know but when I broke my leg I was in a cast from my hip to my toes

2 days later, a really good friend broke both of his arms! Both in casts

He told me, you don't really even know how important your wife is.....

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Ahh,broken ribs,sleeping upright in a chair,praying you don't cough or sneeze,I remember you!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ahh,broken ribs,sleeping upright in a chair,praying you don't cough or sneeze,I remember you!
And even your finger nails growing hurts. Broke a bunch in a fall on frozen ground, 2 days later sneezed. Spent the rest of my time yelling close that door I feel a draft.:D:

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,922 Posts
I am amazed the things I have had to do with a migraine.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
After a slow recovery from a broken arm/ wrist at the end of last year, I had to live with literally 1 arm for 3 months..daily activities became Quite challenging...if nobody was around I had to open jars with one hand..holding jar between my knees! Wondering what tricks folks with medical conditions or injuries have to get it done!

I had a hernia surgery a couple of years ago. I couldn't even get out of a chair without severe pain. I had nobody to help me so I fully understand the feeling of helplessness. We don't know what we have until it's gone. We take all of our functions for granted until we're not able to use them. I have no tips other than we have to adapt to our conditions -- sometimes in a real hurry.

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,636 Posts
The cough, ugh! I caught a cold shortly afterwards. I must have paid back several lifetimes of karma by the time the cold was gone.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I effed up my back so bad a few years ago (lift with your ****ing knees retard!) that it took me 3 hours to learn how to go from sleeping to being able to actually get up to use the bathroom. From rolling to crawling to using a door handle and working through excruciating pain just to stand up.

I learned how to use my toes to put on socks and use my toes to loosen the laces of my shoes so I could just slip them on. Learned how to use the steering wheel and various surfaces in my car to lift myself out without bending too much.

I learned that nothing eases a random back spasm.

I was broken for a month, I should have went to the doctor thinking about it in retrospect.
To this day, if I am laying on a flat surface and I jolt, sneeze or cough there is pretty bad pain.

For all the pain, hobbling, struggling and howling I did you know what the worst part of it was?

The worst part of it was realizing that it was the first time in my life I actually felt old.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts