Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of the possibility of the democrats might get back into office or even while under republican administration the state decides to declare marshall law and confiscate weapons in the case of a natural disaster, hurricane, earthquake and so forth how would one go about burying a few firearms to keep them safe for future use if others got confiscated. If I needed it 5 years from now I want it to still be functional. I was thinking cover in axle grease inside and out then rap in garbage bag and bury. I have no idea if this is good or if this will work that is why I am asking.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm not an expert in burying things, but I think a strong metal box would work. A welding shop could make you one. You could also use a safe or large toolbox. Take the guns apart to make them smaller to pack. Grease and lubricate all the parts very well. Put the small parts in zip-lock bags and wrap the large parts in a lot of plastic wrap. You could vacuum-seal the small parts if you have a vacuum machine. You could try using automotive weather stripping to waterproof the door on the box. Wrap the whole box in layers of plastic wrap and tape. Make sure the box has strong hinges and a strong lock. Bury the box a few feet underground and mark the spot in some way (maybe place a large rock or plant a tree over the box).

·
Registered
49 Posts
well depending on what type of firearms they are you can purchase "drysacks" from brigade quartermasters in kennesaw ga they also have a website you can go to and put a silica gel absorber in with it,as far as what to put them in there are all kind of waterproof containers to put them in. for my m-4 i would break it down and use a 120mm mortar ammo can that you can purchase from most army navy surplus supply depots they also sell them on www.sportsmansguide.com

·
infowars.com
421 Posts
i have plastic trash cans buried with supplys
after buring it i put this grass seed over it that grows on top of anything its a blue color
then your seeds will grow into grass
i check it every year i also use this method to hide supplies in the mountains
but there i use somthing diffrent to cover it
there are other methods dont forget if the cops think you have something buried back there they can find it
they find drugs buried all the time ive seen them do it also on the best way to keep animals out took me a while to figure it out but got food weapons and ammo ready to go
there is a way to beat just message me and i will tell you

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
Garbage bags will disintegrate in a few months. For your needs I suggest PVC drain pipe with end caps glued on with the usual PVC cement. It is waterproof and will last for decades if undisturbed.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
They know you have the guns.
They will arrest you or your spouse if you don't turn them in.
Your children will be removed by the SS (Social Services) and you will not be allowed to see them since your now a bad parent.
Your house will be ripped apart in an attempt to find the guns.
Your neighbors will be pressured to disclose any info on your weapons. (Newly purchased weapons that may not be on the list)

Still want to bury those weapons or give them the weapons ammo first?

Folks, once they start going door to door to take weapons its past time to fight, so you need to catch up.

As for storing large amounts of ammo and weapons under ground I've been told that sections of PVC pipe with O2 absorbers in them work pretty good. Keep the ammo in the original box. Pack the ammo in and leave about 6 "s from the top. Cut a wooden disk the fit inside the tube and glue it in place. This will give you and area to cut the tube with out damaging the ammo. You can use the threaded adapter and a cap but seal it with heavy duty sealant on the threads. To store most weapons this way you will need larger diameter pipe that costs more. Put a lot of thought into who your going to tell about where you have buried your cache.

Reactions: TANGO_INDIA_PERU

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
When my kids were in elementary school my son was asked if there were guns in the house. Little kids tell everything they know. It was a scary experience. I don't like to think about what can happen.

While we lived in Georgia, I belonged to a preparedness group there. One of our members was a PhD and he said that in the situation like in Australia where guns were outlawed 0ver 90 percent of the people turned in their guns without any fight. Neighbors, teachers, spouses turned in many others.

I don't like hear say so I asked a couple of members of congress off the record. Both said that guns will not have to be banned. Ammo will be. You can have all the wall hangers you want. Look at the price of ammo. Buy ammo now if you want any for the future.

The use of PVC custom pipe is great idea. If you are going to bury it be sure you do so under or around existing pipe in the ground like metal sewer pipes. Makes metal finders usless in locating cached items. Good Luck.

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
use 4inch pvc pipe with cap on each end .

·
Registered
798 Posts
They know you have the guns.
They will arrest you or your spouse if you don't turn them in.
Your children will be removed by the SS (Social Services) and you will not be allowed to see them since your now a bad parent.
Your house will be ripped apart in an attempt to find the guns.
Your neighbors will be pressured to disclose any info on your weapons. (Newly purchased weapons that may not be on the list)

Still want to bury those weapons or give them the weapons ammo first?

Folks, once they start going door to door to take weapons its past time to fight, so you need to catch up.

As for storing large amounts of ammo and weapons under ground I've been told that sections of PVC pipe with O2 absorbers in them work pretty good. Keep the ammo in the original box. Pack the ammo in and leave about 6 "s from the top. Cut a wooden disk the fit inside the tube and glue it in place. This will give you and area to cut the tube with out damaging the ammo. You can use the threaded adapter and a cap but seal it with heavy duty sealant on the threads. To store most weapons this way you will need larger diameter pipe that costs more. Put a lot of thought into who your going to tell about where you have buried your cache.

I guess if someone broke into your house and stole your guns it would be terrible wouldnt it? Then you wouldnt have anymore guns and that would be good.....because guns are bad:eek::thumb:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tackleberry maybe you are right but they don't know if guns have been lost, stolen, sold given away as gifts and the like. So I am not talking about crates of weapons just maybe a rifle or two and a couple of handguns, besides if they go through that process of taking my wife and children for something as simple as that they would have a right to fear the right to bear arms. They would be in effect doing what many governments oversees do by oppressing their people create terrorist, gorrillas, freedom fighters, Jihadist, or whatever else you want to call them, basically people who have taken all they are going to and decide that they will rather be die fighting for what they believe in than live as a spinless snail under some totalitarian, republic, regime, or again whatever.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I been on brigade quatermasters and found the bags for the hand guns. The rifles in PVC. I have new thoughts on long arms being cached for that case scenario. If they are banned then how is one to dig up rifles and shotguns and transport them from hidden location to new place without being spotted. I guess where theres a will theres a way. Alcaida and Hamas do a pretty good job from Israel and the US.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figure if the worlds most wanted and known man can hide for eight years I should be able to hide a couple of longarms and pistols.

·
Ready To Go At Any Time
646 Posts
I'll tell you what.... if the day comes where I have to choose between my family or the guns that could protect them..... I'll turn every last bullet if it means more time with my family.
God, Family, Country. If things ever get that bad for whatever reason it might be.... let em have em.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, I have been to the local contractor store did not find any at lowes but home depot had some 4" PVC and end caps. I have put in the pistol and two boxes of ammo. You say why only two boxes because I live in a city environment and if were in a situation where guns are banned the use of it is sure to bring law enforcement real quick. I am not trying to fight a war or use it against them. It will be for the defense of my family against an home intruder. After I dispatch the thug(s) I will have no need for future ammo as the weapon and will be confiscated and I will be going to jail. The thing is my family will be safe at least for another day. Then it will be upon my wife to get to the other cache and get her weapon for her and the kids self defense. I have no fantasies about keeping away hording mobs or fighting off an invading army, I just want to have the means to stop someone from entering my home and hurting my children and wife. Once that threat is over any reprecussions I suffer will be worth it if they are safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
there are a veritable plethora of volumes written on this very subject:

TC 31-29 Special forces Caching Techniques

Security storage containers: design construction and concealment by R.A. Johnson

How to hide anything by Micheal Connor

to name a few-
Most of all be smart, Stealth is always preferred, kids tell anything they know, and keep things findable once you bury them.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have no experience with this, this is all THEORY to me...

PVC, do NOT use the screw in end caps, no matter how good you think you'll get them taped and screwed in. Use glue on caps, the heavy caps NOT the light "test" caps.

Theory says plant them vertically to make them harder to "spot" with a metal detector. If you can't be 110% sure that EVERYTHING you use as a marker will be there and/or that your GPS WILL still be functioning, plant it horizontally. This is more for the folks that plan to do there "midnight gardening" in the middle of nowhere. Forests change, loggers come in, new roads are laid, fence lines change, points of reference changes.

I suspect when someone needed what they had in a cache they would NEED what they had in a cache, therefore you don't want to risk searching around for hours unable to find your goods.

Couple quick hints, course again this is all THEORY to me I know nothing of this-

*Ground probes come in real handy.
*Metal detectors of course will find your stuff. Even the $200. model I bought to find...... ahhh souvenirs along the beach (yeah that's it!) WILL find your cache wether it's vertical or horizontal. When your probing around trying to relocate it, it WILL be easier if the tube is horizontal (more surface area to find). Also, this will typically make for an easier emplacement. Not something you want to be hanging around out in the open for many hours, you want to drop your goods and go. A horizontal placement is quicker.
*An electrician friend of mine taught me this trick- they sometimes have to saw conduit down in trenches- use the nylon string like used to layout footers or laying out course of block to cut through PVC. This isn't going to be a quick job, but beats carrying a hacksaw in your ruck.
*Plan FOR water to get into your tube, it's gonna happen, plan for it.

I wouldn't bother with anything other than PVC and maybe ammo cans that were treated with spray undercoating and then only for the short term (1-3 years). You'll find that as the latches rust you'll have a helluva time getting them off- all in THEORY of course...

Again this is all theory, I read a lot of fiction, I have no experience in this....:D:

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
well out on my grandmothers farm we were diging a new fence since the old one was rotted out we found some booze that was burried on one of the fence post was sealed and in good condition so we drank it it was really good booze too thats what the farmers did durring the probition of booze burry it agianst fence posts..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts