Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Often want to carry an ax, chainsaw, or long barreled .22 rifle on a small tractor. How do you all do such?

·
Registered
581 Posts
If I need an axe or a shovel or loppers I put the item on the floorboard next to my leg. A chain saw would go on the engine cover with a bungee over top.

Most of the time if I need a chain saw I will go get an ATV since I will also need fuel, maybe a sharpener, axe, loppers etc. I can then come back and haul the big logs with the tractor later.

Never carried a rifle on the tractor. Normally I will have a 1911 in the hip. A 45 will dispose of just about any threat and I don't have time for hunting while I am working with the tractor.

On the ATV I keep a 6.8 or 308 AR on top of the front box. I spend a lot of time on foot with the ATV and the 6.8 and 308 are good hog guns.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I need an axe or a shovel or loppers I put the item on the floorboard next to my leg. A chain saw would go on the engine cover with a bungee over top.

Most of the time if I need a chain saw I will go get an ATV since I will also need fuel, maybe a sharpener, axe, loppers etc. I can then come back and haul the big logs with the tractor later.

Never carried a rifle on the tractor. Normally I will have a 1911 in the hip. A 45 will dispose of just about any threat and I don't have time for hunting while I am working with the tractor.

On the ATV I keep a 6.8 or 308 AR on top of the front box. I spend a lot of time on foot with the ATV and the 6.8 and 308 are good hog guns.
My threats are raccoons, possums, bad snakes, etc and the big thing is being quiet about it. The means low velocity quiet .22 RF from a long barrel rifle. The biggest critters around here are alligator, black bear, hogs, and lions and they will almost never attack a man on a tractor being followed by dogs. On top of the tractor with bungee cords sounds good for some of the items. Tractor is too small to put any thing on the floor and and not get in the way of the pedals and levers that are many.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
My threats are raccoons, possums, bad snakes, etc and the big thing is being quiet about it. The means low velocity quiet .22 RF from a long barrel rifle. The biggest critters around here are alligator, black bear, hogs, and lions and they will almost never attack a man on a tractor being followed by dogs. On top of the tractor with bungee cords sounds good for some of the items. Tractor is too small to put any thing on the floor and and not get in the way of the pedals and levers that are many.
first it would probably help to define what you consider a small tractor.to me a small tractor is 45-55hp smaller is a lawn mower.

the hell part of florida do you live where you got to worry about being attacked by lions and aligators on a tractor?
and why are you worried about snakes if there that big a issue run them over there not exactly fast.

but you can attach a saddle holster to your seat and a machete can come in handy

is a good way to do it. but honestly you can put stuff any where depending on what kinda tractor you have you can also use the arms in the back to tie stuff to

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Chain saws, axes, etc., go in the front loader bucket as was said above. Hand tools go in the tractor tool box. I never carry a gun on a tractor. Gator yes but not on a tractor.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
богдан;16401529 said:
first it would probably help to define what you consider a small tractor.to me a small tractor is 45-55hp smaller is a lawn mower.

the hell part of florida do you live where you got to worry about being attacked by lions and aligators on a tractor?
and why are you worried about snakes if there that big a issue run them over there not exactly fast.

but you can attach a saddle holster to your seat and a machete can come in handy

is a good way to do it. but honestly you can put stuff any where depending on what kinda tractor you have you can also use the arms in the back to tie stuff to
L2350 kubota 25 hp
The .22 rifle is for killing critters that attack my fruit trees. I may eventually get my fullauto airgun going since i see that birds are doing a number on my persimmons. This spring the birds got most my blue berries and other berries. The bigger critters tend to stay off my 8 acres due to the dogs that I run.
I said there was little chance of being attacked by alligators, bears, hogs, panthers. I carry a 9mm in a bandoleer type shoulder holster. Alligators, bears, hogs, and panthers-lions are all present now days throughout florida and southern AL, GE, MS and LA. There have been a few black bear attacks in NW FL. Nearby me about a mile away the bears are currently raiding garbage cans and garages for food. Recently in the south of my County someone did illegally kill a bear and the wildlife people are looking that person. Lady came from work and saw it lying dead in her yard. Cops found a bullet hole in it.
Game cameras throughout the USA are catching pictures of lions all over the place. In the southwest they are catching a lot of pics jaguars that are not supposed to exist in the USA anymore. FL finally opened up a hunting season for black bear due to the over abundance of them in many areas which include my area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts